When does the cavalry arrive? - Gazza, Foyth, Sanchez, Sess, Lo Celso, Japhet Tanganganganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we just have to bite the bullet and drop all the trouble makers. A bit like what happened when he first took over with Lennon, Ade, BAE and so on....

When is Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Foyth back. What is the team like with committed players only, and is it actually good enough?

.........Kane.
Son...Alli....Moura
......Sissoko..Ndombele
Sess..Sanchez...Foyth...KWP
.......Gazza

Is that team god enough to see us through? Maybe get a CB in Jan to last till summer?

Can young Japhet do a job? He looked good this summer?

If Poch is gonna get sacked he may as well play players that will fight for him

Last edited:
Dele Alli is done. Not a single decent performance since 2017/18 season.

If in doubt, refer to his recent performances against lowly Colchester

Last edited:
Got to agree, need to make the change now, need a centre half and right back in January and Toby, Rose and especially Eriksen can sit in the stand until January

Dele Alli is done. Not a single decent performance since 2017/18 season.

If in doubt, refer to his recent performances against lowly Colchester and Munich.

He was actually decent in the first half against Munich, too many silly flicks (as usual) but certainly a willingness to play.

Then, when the floodgates opened in the second half his head dropped. It's a mentality thing. Is he fully focused on football? Who knows really but evidence points to the contrary.

The cumulative effect of his multiple hamstring injuries might be too much. Still glides around the pitch but he's not as impactful as he once was, for some reason.

He's only 23, we shouldn't dump him yet.

As with Harry, Dier and Big Vic and our medical team needs overhauling too

He was actually decent in the first half against Munich, too many silly flicks (as usual) but certainly a willingness to play.

Then, when the floodgates opened in the second half his head dropped. It's a mentality thing. Is he fully focused on football? Who knows really but evidence points to the contrary.
Exactly silly flicks and back heels, either he is stubborn to learn or not coached properly. Someone should tell him stop these. I thought he had the ability to play and run with the ball.

Could just be that 5 years of poch training has killed everyones body. Must shorten the shelf life to train at high intensity all the time

It is interesting about the anonymous veteran player who complained about Poch’s training.

I don’t think Poch is a tactical genius. Having a very fit team covered up a lot of those holes.

Another reason to start the youth movement now. Maybe Poch is better at managing younger players than older ones.

Younger players are less likely to doubt his instructions or question his methods.

I don't think Poch has the balls/heart to drop players that he "made". Loyalty seems to be such a key factor in his philosophy and he expects the same loyalty from the players that he shows them.

I don't think he is going to drop players like Christian, Jan and Toby because I think that he legitimately still thinks that they will show up to training one day with new contracts and everything will be hunkey dory.

He needs to show about of ruthlessness and bench wantaways and trouble makers. But I don't think he has it in him to do it to "his boys".

Poch won't drop his favourites though. He had the perfect opportunity yesterday to show the squad who the boss is but he went with the usual suspects and did not get a reaction to Tuesday's humiliation.

Players wanting away are still getting a starting spot whilst other players, some of whom have signed contract extensions sit out or get fifteen minutes.

Poch is a major part of our current problems and it won't change until he's gone.

Dele and Dier are 2 players who I think can turn it around. It’s unfair to judge them as they are both too far off the pace.

I made a light-hearted comment yesterday about dropping down in the Europa League for the group stages, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't bear a longer term benefit afterall.

Alongside the FA Cup, it would suddenly create a bit more game-time for such guys to get over the rut they're currently in.... Dele, Dier, Sanchez, Foyth, Skipp, KWP, Sessengon, Lo Celso, Tanganga, Parrot (+ bring Clarke back in January) could all clock up a bit more game-time than if we're stuck in this constant pressure cycle of every subsequent game being a season-saving 'must win'. As Saturday showed with Dier, dropping such individuals into the proverbial fire with the remit of 'save us/be the difference maker' just isn't realistic. Who knows we may even win a trophy if we can arrest our slide in form and it would also mean a bunch of the other players would be more fresh for EPL duty with a view to turning round our league form; further alleviating pressure in the league if we can be seen to be tangibly building towards CL2021 inclusion in another competition (i.e. EL).

Obv. I'm just throwing shit at the wall here, but to scrape top four (which I don't think it out of the question yet given how suspect all the other so called challengers also look) and bag a trophy this season would be quite the turnaround and not entirely unfeasible if things clicked.

I'm not sold on the idea that 8 or 9 of our typical starting XI have downed tools; more that a few 'bad apples' are spoiling and rubbing off on the proverbial bunch.

Rose has been good and at least put effort in. Doesn't deserve to be dropped.

He's been decent AT TIMES... Been poor at others. It's only logical to question where his head is at given his track record and how the summer played out for him.

We've got a replacement (Sess) to get up to speed and an able stand-in (Ben) for the interim.

I made a light-hearted comment yesterday about dropping down in the Europa League for the group stages, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't bear a longer term benefit afterall.

Alongside the FA Cup, it would suddenly create a bit more game-time for such guys to get over the rut they're currently in.... Dele, Dier, Sanchez, Foyth, Skipp, KWP, Sessengon, Lo Celso, Tanganga, Parrot (+ bring Clarke back in January) could all clock up a bit more game-time than if we're stuck in this constant pressure cycle of every subsequent game being a season-saving 'must win'. As Saturday showed with Dier, dropping such individuals into the proverbial fire with the remit of 'save us/be the difference maker' just isn't realistic. Who knows we may even win a trophy if we can arrest our slide in form and it would also mean a bunch of the other players would be more fresh for EPL duty with a view to turning round our league form; further alleviating pressure in the league if we can be seen to be tangibly building towards CL2021 inclusion in another competition (i.e. EL).

Obv. I'm just throwing shit at the wall here, but to scrape top four (which I don't think it out of the question yet given how suspect all the other so called challengers also look) and bag a trophy this season would be quite the turnaround and not entirely unfeasible if things clicked.

I'm not sold on the idea that 8 or 9 of our typical starting XI have downed tools; more that a few 'bad apples' are spoiling and rubbing off on the proverbial bunch.
I basically said the same in another thread and somebody disagreed with me! Yeah Europa and F.A Cup are available top four at the minute looks a long shot but depends how far of the pace we are by the time we get players back and steady the ship! Next season if it’s a rebuild, it’s a rebuild so be it but I do think Europa league is essential if for nothing else experience if we bed in younger squad players.

Back
Top Bottom