When were we last top of the table outside of the month of August?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think the last time we were top of the table was in Pochettino’s first season in August 2014, when we beat QPR 4-0 in the second game of the season. That didn’t last long, we lost 0-3 at home to the Dippers in Game 3 to drop to 6th.

Outside of the first game or two of the season in August, I can’t recall when we were last top of the table? Think it might even be as far back as the 1980’s. Anyone?

March 2016

We were top of the table for 13 minutes
Don’t think we ever went top that season. If memory serves me correct if we had beaten Woolwich at White Hart Lane in a lunchtime Saturday kick off, early March , we’d have gone top. We were 2-1, they were down to 10 and we still couldn’t close it out. Leicester eeked out a hard fought 0-1 win at Watford later that evening. That was the first time I really got the sinking feeling that season that we were going to lose out to Leicester.

Back
Top Bottom