Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For those driving to Madrid - on-street parking seems doable in the vicinity of the Plaza Colon (looks like this will be more fun than the stadium area). Plenty of green parking bays which non-residents can park in for two hours (pay like €4 for this). No restrictions after 3pm on Saturday and none on Sundays. So I can rock up at 1pm on Saturday.

My current favourite spot is outside these municipal swimming baths: Plaza Colón to Centro de Natación M-86

Half-hour walk to Plaza Colon from there, but would rather do that than miss the last metro out to somewhere (OK, they run until 1.45am, but if we win that is WAY TOO EARLY).

I wouldn't bank on on street parking in my experience of driving in Madrid finding a parking space on the street is a real bastard any evening let alone final night , this is largely because Spanish people are terrible at parking and frequently just park however they like instead of between the lines.

The latest email from the club clarifies that the game will be shown on the existing screens in the corners of the bowl, and on the TV's in the concourses. Rubbish.
However, they have got a license which allows alcohol into the bowl. Bonus. Still going to watch it in a pub though.

Event information
We shall be opening all areas of the stadium at 6pm – two hours ahead of the 8pm (UK time) kick-off in Madrid.

All bars and food outlets will also open at this time – the Club has also obtained a licence for fans to take alcohol to their seats.

We should, however, like to remind fans that this will be a family event for supporters of all ages to enjoy a momentous occasion in the Club’s history – we ask that you are therefore mindful of your alcohol consumption and behaviour and give due consideration to those around you at all times.

Our usual matchday security procedures and bag policy will be in place for this event. We encourage fans to arrive as early as possible, and strongly advise against arriving any later than 7.30pm, to leave enough time to clear security and avoid busy transport times.

During the event, fans will be treated to BT Sport’s live coverage of the Final, including all the build-up, post-match reaction and trophy presentation, via our giant HD screens and televisions located throughout the concourses and Premium areas.

Fans will be able to purchase a copy of the official UEFA Champions League Final matchday programme for a price of £10 throughout the stadium and at the Spurs Shop at the Tottenham Experience.

Bars and food outlets will close at 10.30pm, with last orders at 10.15pm, ahead of the stadium closing at 11pm. Should the match go to extra-time and penalties, we shall look to extend the opening hours of the stadium and continue to serve food and soft drinks. However, we shall stop serving alcohol at 10.30pm in any event.

We shall be updating fans with further information on our live screening event, including a full Travel Update, in due course. Please keep an eye on Club channels.

I’m unsure about this. I fancy it but if it’s too weird looking up at the screens then I suppose I can always leave and go to the boozer.

Back
Top Bottom