Where would Spurs finish if we entered La Liga this season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where would Spurs finish?

• Total voters
Spurs look likely to finish 5th in the PL this season, as the top 4 look scary while our transfers should see us overtake Leicester and West Ham.

Due to the disproportionate effect of the covid recession on European leagues, the PL is now by far the strongest league.

Hypothetically, I think Spurs would have a real shot if we entered La Liga this season.

In attack, Kane & Son would be prolific in whichever league they played as they're world class.

Midfield is where I think Spurs would do far better in La Liga. Ndombele (fitness) and Lo Celso (injury) have had some struggles adjusting to the pace of the PL, but both would boss La Liga with their creativity.

In defence, Reguilon was already in a La Liga team of the season before joining us. Romero's no nonsense defending is suited to all leagues, and Emerson has great defensive stats for Real Betis. However, Sanchez and Dier's lack of ability with the ball may be exposed even more in Spain, and they'd still be error prone.

The two big Madrid clubs and Barcelona are all better than us. The battle for fourth would be between Sevilla, Villarreal, and Spurs. I think Sevilla are a little bit better than us.

Back
Top Bottom