Which player(s) did you pretend to be as a kid?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None.

Athletes are usually twats. I don't really feel that I looked at any particular figure as a role model growing up; particularly not athletes.

If 12 until 14 counts as a kid, Gareth Bale. He was/is everything I loved and imagined myself to be as a football player based on my attributes. Reliant on pace, left-footed, a left-back who made the transition to a winger. Even to this day, he is my favourite player ever, and I doubt that someone can take his place, just because I wanted so much to be like him. Started supporting Tottenham when we beat City in 2010 for the Champions League qualification, fell in love when I saw Bale play.
he'll always be a hero for me if for no other reason than that goal(s) he scored in last years CL final

I remember pretending to be Klinsmann the week following his debut goal after scoring in a match at school and nearly broke my sternum doing the dive.
Jumped straight up in the air and wallop
silly fucker

Hoddle.

The other day it was Dele vs Palace. I got my son to keep firing crosses at me so that I could try and replicate that beautiful goal. My 13 year old daughter whipped it off me 90% of the time and the other 10% was saved by my 5ft wife. The Ali Dia of suburban bungalow football.

fqG0Cy5.jpg

Maybe it's because I was a kid back then, but it seems like there were more "heroes" in football in the late 90's. Almost every country had a world class player. Now I'm afraid that the youth only have Messi and Ronaldo (some times Neymar) as their idols.

Back
Top Bottom