Which players do we absolutely need to keep in the summer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kaboul is out of contract, so we aren't going to get any offers for him.

But as he looks up to playing two matches in the space of a week again, if not in two consecutive weeks, we should really offer him a new contract.

Kaboul is out of contract, so we aren't going to get any offers for him.

But as he looks up to playing two matches in the space of a week again, if not in two consecutive weeks, we should really offer him a new contract.
:paulinhofacepalm:

No, he isn't.

Can we have a sticky entitled "Kaboul isn't out of contract this summer". It comes across with alarming frequency.
:kaboul:
"No, I'm not negotiating a new contract at the moment. My contract runs until 2015."

http://talksport.com/sports-news/fo...oul-denies-he-contract-talks-tottenham-171865

Guys you listen to offers on, but only sell if you get the right one:
Rose
Holtby
Kaboul: only be chase of injury
Sigurdsson
Capoue
Naughton
Paulinho
I think it would be bonkers to sell these three if LvG came in. LvG has a distinct reputation with improving what he's already got. Paulinho is most definitely a talent, and is not playing to level because he's very unhappy with the way things are under Sherwood - as he's just come out and said. Holtby has been Fulham's runaway best player in this close season, irrespective of their collective form. Capoue also showed what he could do at the start of the season before being binned under Sherwood ('cause he didn't know 'im). I think these players have a lot more to offer and I think a man like LvG could be the one to get it out of them.

Last edited:
...yeah, let's keep the whole team...that gets easily shatted upon by the top 4 - COYS!!!:) lol - NOT, we should only keep:

Lloris
Dembi
Benti
Vlad
Eriksen
Siggy
..ditch the others - get a real coach, a real 9, a real CB, a real FB, and a real system...
COYS

...yeah, let's keep the whole team...that gets easily shatted upon by the top 4 - COYS!!!:) lol - NOT, we should only keep:

Lloris
Dembi
Benti
Vlad
Eriksen
Siggy
..ditch the others - get a real coach, a real 9, a real CB, a real FB, and a real system...
COYS

So by your thinking we need nineteen new players.

:adethumbup:

Lloris, I don't think we could get another keeper of his quality for the position we are in at the minute.

Although I don't want him to leave, since I think he will be so much better next season, Jan is replaceable.

I think it would be bonkers to sell these three if LvG came in. LvG has a distinct reputation with improving what he's already got. Paulinho is most definitely a talent, and is not playing to level because he's very unhappy with the way things are under Sherwood - as he's just come out and said. Holtby has been Fulham's runaway best player in this close season, irrespective of their collective form. Capoue also showed what he could do at the start of the season before being binned under Sherwood ('cause he didn't know 'im). I think these players have a lot more to offer and I think a man like LvG could be the one to get it out of them.

My qualification was only if we get the right offer. I don't think we should be actively trying to sell them at all. But they aren't irreplaceable must not sells is all I was saying.

If LVG comes in it will be extremely unlikely that we are active in the transfer market for the exact reasons you noted. As I said I don't think we need to be selling many this offseason. The only reason I think Capoue, Paulinho, and Holtby are mildly expendable is because of their similarities to Sandro, Dembele, and Eriksen. If we were so inclined we could chase players that offered a different skillset instead of having players that are so similar. Ultimately, I hope none of them are sold but if we got big offers I would be willing to listen.

Last edited:
:paulinhofacepalm:

No, he isn't.

Can we have a sticky entitled "Kaboul isn't out of contract this summer". It comes across with alarming frequency.
:kaboul:
"No, I'm not negotiating a new contract at the moment. My contract runs until 2015."

http://talksport.com/sports-news/fo...oul-denies-he-contract-talks-tottenham-171865

That article was published in 2012 mate... His contract runs out 30.06.2014:
http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/youns-kaboul/profil/spieler_27114.html
http://www.goal.com/en/people/france/5912/younes-kaboul

Kaboul is out of contract

angry-must-resist-l.png

LLoris
Walker / Naughton
Vlad / Vertonghen
Fryers
Capoue / Sandro
Dembele / Holtby / Bentaleb
Lamela / Eriksen / Chadli
Soldado / Adeybayor / Kane

Leaves the following on the get rid list (Not all of them, but a few of these should be replaced).

Gomes / Friedel
Rose
Dawson / Kaboul
Siggy / Livermore / Paulinho
Lennon / Townsend

I've picked these players purely on the fact that for me they would fit into any of the top Premiership sides and therefore we would struggle to replace them with better. I've also ignored current attitude (you know who I'm talking about).

Lloris
Vertonghen
Walker
Sandro
Eriksen

In my view these are must keeps. If I was to pick one, then it would be Lloris....

Back
Top Bottom