Which players should be dropped to reserve team effective immediately until they find a new club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is controversial, but we should start using the leverage we have;

- International football: Eriksen, Jan and Toby would no doubt miss the summer int's if they didn't get a single minute first team football from now and onwards.
Toby and Jan, probably. But no way Denmark would drop Eriksen. He's their captain and main man.

Maybe we should have clear the air talks and clean slates? That sounds like a good idea. I wonder if Poch has thought about it?
Absolutely mate, problem seems to be that they can’t seem to draw a line under bloody anything at the moment. The statement is very much wishful thinking !

3-0 at Brighton. Jesus. Don’t get any better does it ?

Toby and Jan, probably. But no way Denmark would drop Eriksen. He's their captain and main man.

He is neither their captain nor their main man.

He has been very poor for a long time for Denmark now, doesn't look involved.

Simon Kjær (Atalanta) is captain and Schmeichel VC.

He'd be dropped, in particular with the present managment.

Ridiculous to think banishing half our first team squad to the reserves until they leave is a good idea.
The sort of thing people would say when they have no idea.

The first team players that should have a stint in the reserves - playing;

Foyth - Match fitness
Dier - Match fitness
Wanyama - Match fitness
Sessegnon - Match fitness
Lo Celso - Match fitness
Dele - Match fitness

Lamela - donkey
Danny Rose -donkey
Eriksen - probably our best player but pointless him being here he's away in his head
Aurier - pointless player couldn't give a fuck
Vertonghen - was a bad egg when we were getting hammered under AVB and Sherwood turned it right around but has gone toxic again.
Dont remember Jan doing that to be honest, remind me and I'll go sharpen my knife

None. What a ludicrous post.

Bench Eriksen though of course. Love the guy, but he's totally lost it.

We need better, more consistent tactics (back to 4-2-3-1) and a more consistent first XI for the foreseeable future.

Tbf, I genuinely don't think there are any "bad eggs" in this group in the mould of some of the absolute knob heads of 14/15 (Kaboul, Capoue, Adebayor etc) and thus probably explains why Poch is finding it so difficult to drop them. They're all good pros, good lads, train well every day, don't cause problems and what not. They're just simply not performing on the pitch.

Only the ones who have refused new contracts plus Wanyama and Sissoko ( sorry to his many admirers ) who are just not good enough. I would include Aurier if and when Foyth and KWP show they can fill that gap.

I don’t think Dele has had enough opportunities this season to be written off.

giphy.gif

lol

We should fire Poch, that's about it. Preferably a mutual agreement so we don't have to pay him off entirely.

Looks like it won't happen, but I wonder where our fanbase will be after losses to Watford and Liverpool.

Only the ones who have refused new contracts plus Wanyama and Sissoko ( sorry to his many admirers ) who are just not good enough. I would include Aurier if and when Foyth and KWP show they can fill that gap.

I don’t think Dele has had enough opportunities this season to be written off.
The reason Moussa has so many admirers is that he plays his socks off and doesn't shy away. We all know he's not the most gifted player we have, but what's the point of being gifted if you offer zilch to the team?

lol

We should fire Poch, that's about it. Preferably a mutual agreement so we don't have to pay him off entirely.

Looks like it won't happen, but I wonder where our fanbase will be after losses to Watford and Liverpool.
Some, heck I'm going to say most of us will still be here, probably moaning and groaning, but we'll still be here

Some, heck I'm going to say most of us will still be here, probably moaning and groaning, but we'll still be here

What right have you to moan? Support Poch! He is the messiah!

We won't turn it around with him at the helm. Support the club, not the manager, but you guys can do what you do. Just don't ever complain otherwise you're not a real supporter. Don't forget that, muy importante.

Enjoy the performances otherwise you're not a real supporter.

Been through worse I guess, so although defeats like the last two leave you feeling gutted, you still hope for a better outcome in the next game.
We’ve been through much worse - you know it. Not so sure about the JCLs though. Hopefully a few seasons out of the CL will fix that seeing as so few people regarded our progress in it as an achievement. We’re a funny club.

What right have you to moan? Support Poch! He is the messiah!

We won't turn it around with him at the helm. Support the club, not the manager, but you guys can do what you do. Just don't ever complain otherwise you're not a real supporter. Don't forget that, muy importante.

Enjoy the performances otherwise you're not a real supporter.
Not sure if that's a dig at me, but I do support the club before any individual. And I moan about everything, and once I'm done moaning, I just get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom