Which position should we prioritise in the transfer market?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a goalkeeper is where we should spend the big bucks (if necessary). If you have the right goalie, the whole team gets a confidence boost but if you have the wrong man between the sticks he drags the whole team down.

Lloris and Hart just don't cut it any more. I would love it if Nuno is able to coax another good season or two out of one of them but a new #1 that trumps both of them is likely to be more fruitful. Any of you world football experts able to think of a suitable candidate?

And it doesn't have to break the bank and he doesn't have to be a spring chicken. Brad Friedel was an absolute rock for us during the 11/12 season and we got him on a free at the tender age of 40. I just want a man we can trust behind the sticks to get the whole team playing with confidence - that's our ticket to a successful season.

Or maybe you feel another playing position should be prioritised over the goalkeeper. If so, please explain why you think that's the case.

This window defence has to be the priority, a couple of CBs and a RB I think.
Lloris will be fine for another season especially with competent defenders in front of him, and Hart will be fine for the cup and Europe games.
There's no point buying another keeper if we're still putting the likes of Sanchez and Dier in front of him.

Defence and creative midfield. We scored 124 goals last season. Harry Kane and Son were phenomenal with the goals and assists but imagine if Grealish or Eriksen had been in our team.
Toby was OK but Dier was off form and Sanchez and Aurier stank.

I think a goalkeeper is where we should spend the big bucks (if necessary). If you have the right goalie, the whole team gets a confidence boost but if you have the wrong man between the sticks he drags the whole team down.

Lloris and Hart just don't cut it any more. I would love it if Nuno is able to coax another good season or two out of one of them but a new #1 that trumps both of them is likely to be more fruitful. Any of you world football experts able to think of a suitable candidate?

And it doesn't have to break the bank and he doesn't have to be a spring chicken. Brad Friedel was an absolute rock for us during the 11/12 season and we got him on a free at the tender age of 40. I just want a man we can trust behind the sticks to get the whole team playing with confidence - that's our ticket to a successful season.

Or maybe you feel another playing position should be prioritised over the goalkeeper. If so, please explain why you think that's the case.
A better goalie would be nice.

A decent defence is needed though.

100% the defence. Not one, but two CBs required, and a proper RB. (No need to buy a new keeper yet, Lloris is fine for another season, and can worry about that next year).

CB and RB by a distance. Sell Lucas, Lamela and bring in a creative left-footed RW to compete with Bergwijn. Backup striker, ideally one who can play across the frontline.

Defensive midfield. There is so little help to the defence.
Then the defence itself.
Then the rest of the midfield
Then the goalkeeper
Then any other positions
All by the start of the season please

Upgrade Sissoko in CM
Upgrade one of Dier, Sanhez or Alderweireld as CB
Ugrade Aurier as RB
Sell Lamela and preferably upgrade Moura
Rotation option for Kane s striker

That's 5 players in which is probably as much business as well be able to do this summer.

But with Skipp and Sessegnon joinin squad, that's 7 new players in versus last season's squad, or over a quarter of squad changed.

Whatever position Sissoko plays.

Lloris is still a great keeper and will be for years. That 'dragged down' effect simply doesn't apply to him, so I'd be sorry to lose him any time soon. Hart is fine for the vauxhall conference thing we're in next season.

CEO

We need a commanding player at CB and one at CM. If we sort that it will transform the team. Every decent team has a strong spine and we don’t have that right now. Rodon and Hojbjerg can’t do it on their own.

We need a commanding player at CB and one at CM. If we sort that it will transform the team. Every decent team has a strong spine and we don’t have that right now. Rodon and Hojbjerg can’t do it on their own.

Can't do what on their own?

Are you claiming that those two would be part of a strong spine?????

Back
Top Bottom