Which position should we prioritise in the transfer market?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm saying they are the only two we have who are robust enough to be PL regulars. The rest of our CM/CB options are either physically feeble or just shit.

I assume you are assuming Toby is gone then and include Tanguy and GLC as AM not CM.

I think if we are including Rodon then Tanganga and Skipp should be included as well.

I assume you are assuming Toby is gone then and include Tanguy and GLC as AM not CM.

I think if we are including Rodon then Tanganga and Skipp should be included as well.

Tanganga has had a disturbing amount of injuries since he broke into the team, there's a bit of a question over him. Skipp I probably would include, yeah.

Upgrade Sissoko in CM
Upgrade one of Dier, Sanhez or Alderweireld as CB
Ugrade Aurier as RB
Sell Lamela and preferably upgrade Moura
Rotation option for Kane s striker

That's 5 players in which is probably as much business as well be able to do this summer.

But with Skipp and Sessegnon joinin squad, that's 7 new players in versus last season's squad, or over a quarter of squad changed.
I’d gooner off Winks before Sissoko tbh. He’s trouble in the dressing room, thinks he’s the English Pirlo and should be played accordingly, plus he REALLY doesn’t like Kane.

Sissoko might be a limited Footballer, but he is someone to turn to to close out a game. Winks isn’t, nor is he a starter.

If Skipp is a success then I believe we need that extra creativity to both challenge and relieve Ndombele, as well as replace Dele, who has been poor for over 2 seasons now. Time to cash in there.

On the whole though, we should be looking at making sure our spine is taken care of first, both for solidity and creativity, so additional CB, CM and a Striker as priorities IMVHO.

I’d gooner off Winks before Sissoko tbh. He’s trouble in the dressing room, thinks he’s the English Pirlo and should be played accordingly, plus he REALLY doesn’t like Kane.

Sissoko might be a limited Footballer, but he is someone to turn to to close out a game. Winks isn’t, nor is he a starter.

If Skipp is a success then I believe we need that extra creativity to both challenge and relieve Ndombele, as well as replace Dele, who has been poor for over 2 seasons now. Time to cash in there.

On the whole though, we should be looking at making sure our spine is taken care of first, both for solidity and creativity, so additional CB, CM and a Striker as priorities IMVHO.

Where did this bubble up from? .....Not heard anyone reference this before?

The ability of Skipp to excel in the PL is key to window activity. But, I doubt anybody knows for sure yet. And, if Kane leaves a striker moves to the top of the list for me.

Do you have a mate or summit?

The ability of Skipp to excel in the PL is key to window activity. But, I doubt anybody knows for sure yet. And, if Kane leaves a striker moves to the top of the list for me.

That's the one I'm most inclined to leave because it's the hardest one to get right. The strikers that work out best tend to be the ones that aren't planned or expected (as was the case with Kane). They just get their chance in the team and start banging them in. It's all too easy to spend big money on a striker who doesn't perform and leaves us no better off (Soldado, Janssen).

We can get better results in the short-term by focusing on the defence (which in my book starts with the keeper) and if we're playing with confidence we can get goals from other areas in the team and spread the responsibility around. We've got players like Son and Alli who are capable of getting 20 goals in a season and if other players step up as well we'll surprise a lot of people.

If the worst comes to the worst and we lose Kane, I want his money to count for something and not get squandered on players who are no good for us.

I think a goalkeeper is where we should spend the big bucks (if necessary). If you have the right goalie, the whole team gets a confidence boost but if you have the wrong man between the sticks he drags the whole team down.

Lloris and Hart just don't cut it any more. I would love it if Nuno is able to coax another good season or two out of one of them but a new #1 that trumps both of them is likely to be more fruitful. Any of you world football experts able to think of a suitable candidate?

And it doesn't have to break the bank and he doesn't have to be a spring chicken. Brad Friedel was an absolute rock for us during the 11/12 season and we got him on a free at the tender age of 40. I just want a man we can trust behind the sticks to get the whole team playing with confidence - that's our ticket to a successful season.

Or maybe you feel another playing position should be prioritised over the goalkeeper. If so, please explain why you think that's the case.
Lloris was much better last season that Brad fucking Feeble

Don't know what peoples problem with Lloris is. Top keeper that makes mistakes like all of them.

GK - we could do with a truly good youngster that's actually trusted for cup & European games.
RWB - replace Aurier
CB - 2x really

Then we always need a good backup striker, and were we to sell Dele for example and AM.

I think a goalkeeper is where we should spend the big bucks (if necessary). If you have the right goalie, the whole team gets a confidence boost but if you have the wrong man between the sticks he drags the whole team down.

Lloris and Hart just don't cut it any more. I would love it if Nuno is able to coax another good season or two out of one of them but a new #1 that trumps both of them is likely to be more fruitful. Any of you world football experts able to think of a suitable candidate?

And it doesn't have to break the bank and he doesn't have to be a spring chicken. Brad Friedel was an absolute rock for us during the 11/12 season and we got him on a free at the tender age of 40. I just want a man we can trust behind the sticks to get the whole team playing with confidence - that's our ticket to a successful season.

Or maybe you feel another playing position should be prioritised over the goalkeeper. If so, please explain why you think that's the case.

Of course Lloris still cuts it. What a stupid post.

We desperately need a Toby/Ruben Dias-type CB acquisition where by September it's like "yeah that guy's pure class, pencil him in to the starting XI in every game that matters for five years."

Not easy to do, but not impossible either.

Back
Top Bottom