Which Tottenham player did you want/hoped would do well.....but didn’t.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rebrov. His first game was so promising, he played a blinder, hit the bar with a fabulous shot, but hardly did a thing.
Also Postiga - his song was better than his play!

Fuck sake people naming Kranjcar, Pav and Huddleston as disappointing, players that played a massive part in us getting our first top 4 finish.

Could it be argued David Bentley was a massive disappointment? He also played his part in getting us top 4, but fell foul of upsetting Redknapp and that was his career with us finished.

In answer to the question. Nico Claesen will always have a place in my heart whether deserved or not. I loved him as a player.

Last edited:
Whether a favourite player or one of those randoms that just rocks up from time that you take to. My pick..........Tom Huddlestone really though we’d discovered something with him and Harry built him up to be a world beater then it went pear shaped, turned out to be a big lazy lump and his career stalled with us.......shame. He’s never reached his potential and not going to now.
'big, lazy lump' ?

Bollocks.

Lamela. When we bought him he looked a genuine prospect and for 30m an absolute steal. Injuries have absolutely wrecked him. Even so he is one if not the only player that gives 110% on the pitch no mater the circumstances. I still remember that 5-1 loss at Newcastle. Some of our players were almost in tears while this guys was still fighting like it was a final.
His work ethic is the only reason he is still in our squad.

Fuck sake people naming Kranjcar, Pav and Huddleston as disappointing, players that played a massive part in us getting our first top 4 finish.

Could it be argued David Bentley was a massive disappointment? He also played his part in getting us top 4, but fell foul of upsetting Redknapp and that was his career with us finished.

Pav was awesome. A lot of people seem to think he was crap. I disagree. Should have explained more.

Berbatov , he was brilliant in his first season , I thought he'd kick on and become one of the best players in the world. I know he did well but I think he could have been so much more.

Did you just name Berbatov in a thread entitled "Which tottenham player did you hoped would do well but didnt"?

da fuck man?

Based on his talent, Dembele. He was great for us but he genuinely had so much more talent than he allowed his career to achieve. He was a rare player but just lacked that little bit extra to become the real deal. Him and Jenas who I thought really let himself down based on his early promise when he was at Newcastle.

Jenas is a 'shrinker' sadly.... No different as a pundit.

Dembele: Shit managers, turbulent times.... I fear we just solved the riddle a little too late.

He was a good example, the guy was very talented but I don't think he was willing to put in the work. I think a few managers criticised him for poor work rate/fitness/weight/lifestyle etc.

Can't say I felt short-changed by his time here... Was gutted he left.

Back
Top Bottom