Which Tottenham player did you want/hoped would do well.....but didn’t.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went to a youth cup final at WHL v 'boro (I think) with my dad some years ago. He was gooner but also an excellent footballer (played for Barnet, St Albans, county level, could have gone further) in his day and knew a thing or 2 about the game. Best player on the pitch we both agreed by a mile, and we thought would have a really promising future, was David Tuttle. Just never happened for him though.

Good shout. He came on/started against Norwich just after we signed him and I thought he was going to be our Steven Gerard dynamo in the middle.
Just ended up so average it was unreal. He was without a club a few months ago. Something not right there.

Went to a youth cup final at WHL v 'boro (I think) with my dad some years ago. He was gooner but also an excellent footballer (played for Barnet, St Albans, county level, could have gone further) in his day and knew a thing or 2 about the game. Best player on the pitch we both agreed by a mile, and we thought would have a really promising future, was David Tuttle. Just never happened for him though.

THIS is why I roll my eyes at the legions of fans who obsess about all our youths as if they're all world class and ready to play,
If you look good surrounded by world class players, you're good. If you look good surrounded by spotty teenagers, most of whom will never play premier league (or even professional) football, it's impossible to tell.

I tell you this from experience. If I'm playing football with a load of shite players, I will showboat, I'll take a lead, I'll get stuck in and I'll play with a smile on my face
If I'm playing with half decent players, I'll hide, I'll take the easy option, I will be glad it's over.

Haven’t scrolled back apologises if already mentioned Andy Sinton had a bit of a up and coming Star but never did reach the heights with us England international at the time but no.

Haven’t scrolled back apologises if already mentioned Andy Sinton had a bit of a up and coming Star but never did reach the heights with us England international at the time but no.
He was 30 when we signed him, on the back of 3 goals in 62 games at Sheff Wed, are you absolutely sure you had high hopes at the time for this up and coming whipper snapper?

He was 30 when we signed him, on the back of 3 goals in 62 games at Sheff Wed, are you absolutely sure you had high hopes at the time for this up and coming whipper snapper?
Thought it was him? Yes minded he was much younger and was a star turn when he rocked up! Was there not a double signing from or had played for QPR Gerry Francis connection. Mind mid 90s we had some bang average players did we not sign some guy from Ipswich as well that had promise.

Back
Top Bottom