Which Tottenham player did you want/hoped would do well.....but didn’t.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually think he did rather well for us. Came in as a squad player and played well. He was not expected to be a first team regular.

And he cost 3m....and we sold him for 5m.

Win Win

He really didn’t do well for us. What makes you think he was not expected to be a first team regular?- he was Everton’s player of the year the previous season.

Last edited:
He really didn’t do well for us. What makes you think he was not expected to be a first team regular?- he was Everton’s player of the year the previous season.

Exactly; he didn't leave them to warm our bench. Even then, harry7 why did we proceed to move him on the first chance we got if he was doing fine in that roll.

He never refound his mojo since either.

Last edited:
Exactly; he didn't leave them to warm our bench. Even then, harry7 why did we proceed to move him on the first chance we got if he was doing fine in that roll.

He never refound his mojo since either.

Well, he was competing with Bale, Van Der Vaart and Lennon. Was a smart buy; an experienced player who could have provided backup if we had an injury crisis. We didn't and he was moved on for a tidy profit.

Well, he was competing with Bale, Van Der Vaart and Lennon. Was a smart buy; an experienced player who could have provided backup if we had an injury crisis. We didn't and he was moved on for a tidy profit.

Those 3 were all part of the 1st XL.

You don't sell your back up simply because no-one is injured.... You buy it so it's there when you need it.

Regardless, he did play; even he said he struggled here.

Any profit made on him was nominal.

Last edited:
I liked Pienaar.

Not many memories of him here but I'll always remember his superb performance in our last win away at Anfield and his epic defensive contributions over our two legs against AC Milan.

Such an underrated Premier League player in general.

Soldado which is nothing surprising among Spurs supporters, but i did think his passing at times was impressively slide rule like. He also seemed to be a likeable guy with a good attitude, but it just didn't happen sadly.

Rebrov for me , Really excited when he came to us and I thought he was going to be a little firestorm , Speed and pace around the box , Fifteen twenty goals a season would do , I just didn't think the defenders would know what to do with him , But sadly most did .
Funny thing though Shevchenko to this day still blames Spurs for ruining Rebrov's footballing career , But we all know it was the spammers .

Last edited:
Rebrov for me , Really excited when he came to us and I thought he was going to be a little firestorm , Speed and pace around the box , Fifteen twenty goals a season would do , I just didn't think the defenders would know what to do with him , But sadly most did .
Funny thing though Shevchenko to this day still blames Spurs for ruining Rebrov's footballing career , But we all know it was the spammers .
He did have a point we was a shit team, he could of played for better teams although hammers were worse.

Was it between Rebrov & Arshavin who we were in for? seem to remember they were both on the go at the same time and we got Rebrov and we all thought......
AEA500-EE-FF9-A-4-C4-C-9583-0-BB39938-DCB0.gif

Absolutely this. We signed one of the best attacking midfielders in the world and played him as an advanced striker.

To add insult to injury, then decided to play the long ball game up to him. I still remember the sad look on his face as ball after ball went over his head.

Mmmm.

Bent was very disappointing for the money we paid for back then and the scarce return. Bentley of course.
although I like Lamela he is far less than what I anticipated. I expected the Roma Lamela with the goals and take ons. Got something different.
Ziegler looked the real deal at start and then fizzled. Taarabt well you know

Was it between Rebrov & Arshavin who we were in for? seem to remember they were both on the go at the same time and we got Rebrov and we all thought......
AEA500-EE-FF9-A-4-C4-C-9583-0-BB39938-DCB0.gif
No, it wasn't... there was almost 10 years between the two of them moving to England. Maybe you're getting Rebrov mixed up with Pavlyuchenko?

Back
Top Bottom