Which Tottenham player did you want/hoped would do well.....but didn’t.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably could be 90% of the players signed in the 95-04 period. But got to go with Paolo Tramezzani in 98. We were still fairly anti foreign players so it was a bit of glamour in a dark period. 6 games later it was still fucking dark.

Vega another one.....so promising but basically a comedy show. Did he break his foot in 99 ? Can’t remember for sure where he ended up. Nice guy, but at 4 million he was a dud.

Can’t believe this thread started with a bashing of Tom Huddleston. He was quality. His goal v Bolton.....

Fuck sake people naming Kranjcar, Pav and Huddleston as disappointing, players that played a massive part in us getting our first top 4 finish.

Could it be argued David Bentley was a massive disappointment? He also played his part in getting us top 4, but fell foul of upsetting Redknapp and that was his career with us finished.

Gio dos Santos was the big one in recent history wasn't he

Thought Siggy could have been a huge star. He waysbt bad at all but had higher hopes

Chiriches I thought could have been better to say the least

Fuck sake people naming Kranjcar, Pav and Huddleston as disappointing, players that played a massive part in us getting our first top 4 finish.

Could it be argued David Bentley was a massive disappointment? He also played his part in getting us top 4, but fell foul of upsetting Redknapp and that was his career with us finished.

Pav was awesome. A lot of people seem to think he was crap. I disagree. Should have explained more.

for me, huddlestone is second only to hoddle in the best passer of the ball I have seen at Spurs.

Rebrov was a talent just a shame he had one of the poorest midfield outfits behind him in Spurs history.

Sadaldo would have worked playing alongside another striker.

There's plenty to choose from. I remember always wanting Postiga to do well. Did naff all for Spurs and the second he came on as a sub for Portugal Vs England in the Euros I knew he would finally score.

Holtby. The fucker looked so good on his debut against Norwich (?) but it eventually became clear that he was a social-media-panderer who flattered to deceive (in the Woolwich mold) more than what we needed.

See also, Janssen. Really thought he was going to be the perfect understudy to Kane.

Fucking hell this is grim in retrospect:

One of those where you genuinely feel like we ruined a career.
:avbshock:

Back
Top Bottom