Which Tottenham Player Has Done Way Better Than Expected

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Currently its got to be Son, never heard of him when he came along and boy has he become a superstar
i heard he had identical stats to ayen robben in the last couple of years as wingers in bundesliga so thought he must have something about him. mind you every player coming in is gonna be the next ardiles/greavsie if you believe the hype

Alli.

For 3 or 4 seasons he just took the breath away.

I thought there was no stopping him or us from having to sell him to Madrid or him running down his contract and forcing an in country sale.

Maybe the worst thing for him and us was that he found it too easy and stopped working..

But by a country mile because Bale, who would be my second came with so many plaudits.

Berbatov was also brilliant (never ever will I bear witness to a greater solo performance than his against Bolton. To this day it leaves me in awe) but my surprise was probably because so had never heard of him.

Lennon. Bought as a sub for routledge. Wayne was injured early and he came out of no where. Was better than I expected but as we progressed he legged behind.

Berbatov, when we bought him no one thought he would be that good

Alli.

For 3 or 4 seasons he just took the breath away.

I thought there was no stopping him or us from having to sell him to Madrid or him running down his contract and forcing an in country sale.

Maybe the worst thing for him and us was that he found it too easy and stopped working..

But by a country mile because Bale, who would be my second came with so many plaudits.

Berbatov was also brilliant (never ever will I bear witness to a greater solo performance than his against Bolton. To this day it leaves me in awe) but my surprise was probably because so had never heard of him.
Alli just seems run down at 24?

I’m coming back to this thread In a few years time and saying Ryan sessengon
Hi, how is 2026.... are people still wearing facemasks and bulk buying toilet roll and pasta??

Remember that Summer of 2020 when we were really shit, and had Mourinho in charge.... whatever happened to him?

Can't believe he's just won the treble at West Ham.... Who saw THAT coming?

Parker
Wanyama
Sandro

I never really liked Parker, thought Newcastle or so was his level and he looked good at West Ham because he was a big fish in a small pond but he was really incredible for us in his first season. Was racking up MOTM awards weekly and really meshed well with the equally combative Modric and allowed Lennon, Bale and van der Vaart to run wild.

Wanyama, like Parker, I never really thought was much more than a strong tackling defensive midfielder. But he showed he was actually a pretty good footballer here. It's hard to know whether it was just being partnered next to Dembele that made him seem better than he was but I'd like to think he just went up a level when playing for a better club.

Never really knew what to expect with Sandro - always get quite excited by the unknown signings, but Sandro, especially for 18 months, was exceptional. Brilliant reading of the game and had this insane ability to just get his foot on everything when he went for a tackle. His performance away at Anfield (the last time we won there) was one of the best I've seen from any of our midfielders, his partnership with Dembele was outstanding.

May have a thing for DMs

Back
Top Bottom