Who can replace Eriksen ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I said it a while back - I genuinely think Eriksen is just burnt out.

It reminds me of the whole Alexis Sanchez scenario. All of a sudden a players performances just change and never recover.

He's played consistently for 10 years on average about 45 games a sesson. Ever since he was 18 years old. That'll take a toll on him.

And if that IS the case, then we've done a great job getting the amount of money we did when he was due to leave for free in the summer.

I don't even think he's downed his tools or anything, just believe this is the players he now is. A player he's become.
That's an interesting point of view and hadn't occurred to me. What causes it? Is it physical? Psychological? A combination of both?

I read it as 'unable to muster the energy/focus to reach a consistently high level of performance', which is practically the same as 'not trying hard enough', which would explain why many (including myself) see it that way.

But, if it is something more of a malaise of the body/mind then that's an interesting problem and perhaps that's why he was adamant he was always leaving and needed a new challenge to ignite the spark. Don't know how it worked for Sanchez, but you'd imagine there's not much a club can do to sort that kind of problem out.

That's an interesting point of view and hadn't occurred to me. What causes it? Is it physical? Psychological? A combination of both?

I read it as 'unable to muster the energy/focus to reach a consistently high level of performance', which is practically the same as 'not trying hard enough', which would explain why many (including myself) see it that way.

But, if it is something more of a malaise of the body/mind then that's an interesting problem and perhaps that's why he was adamant he was always leaving and needed a new challenge to ignite the spark. Don't know how it worked for Sanchez, but you'd imagine there's not much a club can do to sort that kind of problem out.
Eriksen is a sensitive person. He is not made for when things go tits up. He is a meak but lovely man and a great footballer. Lets just move on now. He will do wonders in Inter.

There's a common theme with Dane's defending Eriksen, it's never his fault! Normally the excuses are the players around him aren't good enough or we're not good enough fans but now it's that he's too sensitive. Classic.

I think it is largely physical. Players pick up injuries or,more likely with Christian, minor niggles, which are cumulative and they end up "off the pace". Sanchez, with his combative style and numerous games had this, Rooney I suspect did too. Add, in Rooney's case, a poor diet and playing from a very young age and you have a significantly shortened playing life. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it, some players have glass ankles others have problems with their groin or hamstrings. Some come back with no effect others, like Rooney will come back each time slightly diminished

I have to admit my love for Erik was juvenile but i really loved the guy and how he played for us. Never thought he would shaft the club in the last year.

What Rocket Rocket said!

But as you asked so nicely, the title asks 'who can replace Eriksen?' IMO, I could have done a better job in the last year, for the good he did.

I was going to post a picture of a brick. At least there’s a chance it’ll make an interception or a block. Kicking the ball at the brick might ensure a ricochet that clears the first man, too!

Back
Top Bottom