Who do we want to sign as RB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ricardo Pereira
I’ve seen this guy play a few times now and he’s very solid. All round play is great and he’s got EPL experience. He’ll be 26 next summer so going into his prime. £50m....worth it to fill that void for the next 4 years.

End thread

Sadly Poch turned him down to buy Aurier at the same price.

Nelson Semedo

According to a report from O Jogo, the Portugal international is being considered for a sale by club officials, just months after a proposed move to Atletico Madrid collapsed

Semedo has made 19 appearances in all competitions this season so far, but is in tough competition with Sergi Roberto for minutes.

Frustratingly for Semedo, manager Ernesto Valverde often selects Roberto – a natural central midfielder player – to operate on the right side of the defence.

Semedo could leave the club next summer which may interest Tottenham, who were linked with a £30 million move for him earlier this year (Mirror).

Serge Aurier continues to struggle to convince the masses, and youngster Kyle Walker-Peters has featured just once since Mourinho came in.

Semedo is represented by super-agent Jorge Mendes, who also represents Mourinho.

Semedo would be nice. As would Atal, though I am aware of his injury predicament.

Personally, I'd be happy with one of Ferguson or Aarons.

One player I've actually been quite impressed with is William over at Wolfsburg. Would have to see more though.

I'd take Semedo if we got the chance- great attacking skills. Need a DM though just as badly as an RB...
Semedo from Barca? What I’ve hear from their fans is that he’s great defensively but average going forward.

Whenever I’ve watch a Barça match with him starting he seemed like a fine attacker to me. His biggest struggle might be his poor link up with Messi unlike Roberto (average player with great motor) who Messi connects great with.

tbf to Semedo, Messi isn’t known for his defensive work so you can see why Semedo isn’t always up for it on attack. He’d be awfully expensive, pretty sure Barça rejected a €40m+ offer from PSG, last window.

Probably costs £50m now, contract until 2023. Good signing for Leicester for £18m last year.
Ouch .... was it seriously only £18

fuck. I thought at the very least they were both £25

what the fuck did they see when evaluating these 2 that they thought Aurier was any better at?

slower
Poorer technique both in control and delivery
Poorer decision maker
Reckless
And a suspect attitude on top of it all

serious wtf fail

edit: injury prone

Last edited:
That and majority of his purchases over the 5 years or so he was in charge of transfers, only Son, Dele and Alderweireld were good, but almost 20 others were not.

No coincidence that majority of our best team last season had been here when Poch arrived.
Buying players was Pochs weak suit and the importance it carries is obvious

I would just like a player in a position that is painfully obvious to all who watches us we need,to be bought an to hit the ground running.Fed up with having to wait 2 seasons to see any difference,if we see a difference at all.

Back
Top Bottom