Who do you think will be the next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Jose is here to the end of the season at least, and without knowing the details of the contract, I would say he is here next season as well.

Unless this is a disaster season where we win nothing, go out fairly early and finish out of any Europe, the narrative will be that it was tough for Jose to come in mid-season last year, then deal with a Covid off-season, plus a few more excuses cooked up during the season so that he deserves 2021-22 to have a proper off-season with the team and full season working with them.

As I mentioned in another thread I think the next manager will be more of the Poch style than Jose. When you heard Levy talk about Poch you could tell that he loved him. With Jose it seems much more of a business relationship. That doesn't mean I think he is unhappy with him, I hear a lot of respect when he talks to and about Jose, but I think Poch is really what Levy wants.

I think coupled with his desire to buy younger guys who he can sell on for bigger money that we will go with a young-ish manager, who Levy sees as a guy that can bring these types of players along.

I know people will hate and someone already mocked it but I think Eddie Howe could be a guy that they go with. Give it a year of him removed from the Bournemouth relegation and Levy will sell it as him doing a great job of keeping him up for so long. I think he will come cheap which will be appealing to Levy after paying Poch out and the Jose contract and would be easy to deal with.

I also think Parker with his ties could be a guy to look out for. I am not sure if he sees himself as a "Spurs guy" so that he would take our job over other potential opportunities he may have, but even if he hadn't played for Spurs him being a young, upcoming coach that took a team with lesser players (in relation to PL squads) into the PL would be attractive. Although Fulham looks like a good option to go down so not sure how that would affect anything.

With the move to go to club guys- Arteta, Fat Frank, OGS- I guess Ledley has to be mentioned but I don't think that two years of coaching is enough. I love the guy but think it would be a very risky, if not outright poor choice to go with someone so green.

Nagelsmann, but I think Chelsea hire him after they fire Frank later this year.

After that...Gasperini! It would be Ozzie football all over again.

More seriously...Marco Rose.

Gasperini would be fun but I think unsuccessful.

I am not sure how much he makes at Atalanta, but if I were a mid level team in the PL like say WH (although they might not be mid level) why not offer him a big contract?

It would provide your team with a lot of excitement, maybe allow you some success in terms of getting players and on the field by having a different approach and likely have you finishing around the same spots you do now.

Its got to be better than just recycling Moyes, Pardew, Hughes, Big Sam playing awful football and finishing 15th.

I reckon Levy will panic and either go for Rafa B, Poch or Warnock as caretaker.

Levy will be gone, the team as we know it will have gone and the club will have been sold. The new manager will be the very best that would be currently out there and available. Cost will not be a restriction regarding management or playing staff. Trust me.
ITK rules ok.

Wont change with enic here. We coukd have klopp or guardiola but under these restrictions they would struggle too. I like nagelsmann a lot but under enic his career would plummet

What restrictions?

The 96 million pound contract we gave Kane
The 50 million pound contract we gave Dele Alli
The 100 million spent Ndombele? (fee+contract)
The 60 million spent on GLC? (fee+contract)
The 60 million spent on Sissoko (fee + contract)
The 25 million spent on Lllorente for 2 seasons as cover for Kane.

Or is it the billion pound stadium and world leading training facilities?

We have spent significant money - but for the most part we did that to retain our star players. Eriksen leaving turned out to be a complete disaster and we failed to sign a player of that calibre.

We are not Chelsea, City, Liverpool, United. We've won 3 tin pot trophies in 25 years, the last of which was the milk cup 13 years ago. Neymar, Messi, De Bryne, Bruno F, Van Dyke, Mane etc....Don't want to play for Spurs. It is very hard to attract young star players. So we can sign over the hill has beens, players with potential or put effort and trust in our own academy products.

Harry Kane, one of the worlds best strikers is very likely to retire with nothing but the Audi cup in his trophy cabinet. That isn't the best advert to attract top players.

What restrictions?

The 96 million pound contract we gave Kane
The 50 million pound contract we gave Dele Alli
The 100 million spent Ndombele? (fee+contract)
The 60 million spent on GLC? (fee+contract)
The 60 million spent on Sissoko (fee + contract)
The 25 million spent on Lllorente for 2 seasons as cover for Kane.

Or is it the billion pound stadium and world leading training facilities?

We have spent significant money - but for the most part we did that to retain our star players. Eriksen leaving turned out to be a complete disaster and we failed to sign a player of that calibre.

We are not Chelsea, City, Liverpool, United. We've won 3 tin pot trophies in 25 years, the last of which was the milk cup 13 years ago. Neymar, Messi, De Bryne, Bruno F, Van Dyke, Mane etc....Don't want to play for Spurs. It is very hard to attract young star players. So we can sign over the hill has beens, players with potential or put effort and trust in our own academy products.

Harry Kane, one of the worlds best strikers is very likely to retire with nothing but the Audi cup in his trophy cabinet. That isn't the best advert to attract top players.
LOLOLOLLOLOL

Game of opinions and all tbat but people really think Mourinho will be here until summer 2022? I'd say summer 2021 looks fanciful at the moment. We need a complete restructure on the football side, the amazon doc highlights the sort of seat of the pants amateurism that seems to be behind the scenes. Then we need a manager to reflect that change, maybe the Leipzig guy who it should have been last November, whether thats realistic or not i have no idea.

We need another Poch style project manager from the German school. We've tried the quick fix and it's made things worse and we'll be left with a lot of difficult to shift players. The likes of Kane and Son might be not be prepared to stick it out for a big overhaul and we may need to cash in.

Why after nearly 6 years did we go away from principles and an identity to basically rip it up. Cant remember last time I watched a game and thought this is entertaining and we look a well coached team front foot team

Back
Top Bottom