Who do you think will be the next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kekerinho

ENIC COCKROACHES OUT
And what state will the club be when he walks in? This is not in reaction to today’s defeat, let’s assume that Mourinho does the usual thing and leaves eventually.

Where will Levy look up to next? Someone in Poch model, young with less impressive CV? Or maybe a world class manager like Simeone (not saying he would come here, just giving an example).

Barring genuine relegation fears I think there's zero chance there's a new manager before the end of this season, and probably well into next season.

Levy has painted himself into a corner with Mourinho, both financially and in terms of the direction of the club. To be paying Poch and Mourinho the funds the squad have sorely needed to NOT coach the team would take another sledgehammer to the rapidly decaying notion of Levy's business acumen.

And Levy found his young snake charmer and youth developer in Poch (the profile he was searching for in AVB), he quit on him to land his epochal Giant of Management for Spurs New Era in Mourinho, what else is left?

And this isn't me asking so much as Kane, Son, and their agents and families. Step one of any post-Mou Spurs is knowing for certain whether those guys are willing to be a part of it or not. That's a fork in the road moment.

And what state will the club be when he walks in? This is not in reaction to today’s defeat, let’s assume that Mourinho does the usual thing and leaves eventually.

Where will Levy look up to next? Someone in Poch model, young with less impressive CV? Or maybe a world class manager like Simeone (not saying he would come here, just giving an example).
As it's likely Mourinho won't leave till summer 2022, it's not going to be anyone that is a 'hot' name now.

Two years ago, there were a lot of people calling Eddie Howe as a future Spurs manager, not so many saying the same now though.

I wasn't Poch out and I'm far from Jose out now.

.....But for me "who next" would be a somewhat secondary question based on what framework and squad they would inherit.

DOF/recruitment/scouting remains where my deepest concerns lie.

I thought we were gunning for being the Dortmund of the EPL, but somewhere during the Poch era that vision got lost and I don't really know what we are anymore... That's what I'd like to get back to... That feeling of knowing who we are; where we are heading and the on-pitch clarity that comes from that.

Last edited:

.....But for me "who next" would be somewhat secondary question to what framework and squad they would inherit.

I thought we were gunning for being the Dortmund of the EPL, but somewhere during the Poch era that vision got lost and I don't really know what we are anymore... That's what I'd like to get back to... That feeling of knowing who we are and where we are heading and the on-pitch clarity that comes from that.
Well we just recruited some Championship technical/management staff so unlikely to see much change on that front, anytime soon....

My one and only demand... he doesn't play Ndombele :mourpointlaugh:

Well we just recruited some Championship technical/management staff so unlikely to see much change on that front, anytime soon....

Just a couple of pen-pushers and a fancy title upgrade for Hitchens essentially as far as I could fathom.

I'm sure the tap door to the shark pool awaits before too long if they aren't up to snuff.

Nagelsmann, but I think Chelsea hire him after they fire Frank later this year.

After that...Gasperini! It would be Ozzie football all over again.

More seriously...Marco Rose.

.....But for me "who next" would be a somewhat secondary question based on what framework and squad they would inherit.

I thought we were gunning for being the Dortmund of the EPL, but somewhere during the Poch era that vision got lost and I don't really know what we are anymore... That's what I'd like to get back to... That feeling of knowing who we are and where we are heading and the on-pitch clarity that comes from that.

This x100.

We need to get the vision and mission down before we set out to find the manager that fits that system. That is the beauty of Dortmund. That was the beauty of Barca for a long time. Identities are defined and then the manager works within those structures.

It is exactly what we all thought was happening under Poch, but it sounded like he wanted too much control. He wanted to own the squad building when the manager should just trust the process.

Back
Top Bottom