Who do you want as next manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you want as next Spurs Manager?

• Mourinho

Votes: 74 50.7%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • Moyes

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Rogers

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • Lambert

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • O'Neill

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Martinez

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Poyet

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Other

Votes: 24 16.4%

• Total voters
Kalyl said:
rather take that risk now and hire him whilst he's still "small time" and get him on a reasonable pay, instead of when we have to fork out tens of millions to release him and then a huge sallary :levystare:
we can't afford to take any risks when hiring our next boss, if he's shit it could take years to recover from it.

our next boss will always be a risk, and personally I feel there's less of a risk with rodgers than Jose, cause of their tactical mindsets. Rodgers is playing attacking, possesion based football with the swans, whilst Jose's a defensive coach, regardless of the stats he's got at RM. RM have got Ronnie, Øzil, Di Maria, Kaka, Higuan, Alonso etc etc so creativity and goals is gonna come on it's own.

Therefore tactically, I can see Jose failing whilst Rodgers will succeede.

He's doing well this season but the second season is always tougher, we'll see how he gets on when teams actually figure out how to play Swansea. There isn't any expectation there, when teams put all their men behind the ball and try to nullify you (which happens at Spurs), I'm not sure how he'll deal with that. He's clearly flavour of the month but I'm not sure he's quite ready yet.

true true, I suppose it's just me not really wanting Jose cause of all the bad rep he's gotten himself at RM, and the tactics he used before he got there not to mention the cash he spends on player purchases and lack of youth development. I didn't even vote for the two lads in question on the poll so...

Thelonious said:
He's doing well this season but the second season is always tougher, we'll see how he gets on when teams actually figure out how to play Swansea. There isn't any expectation there, when teams put all their men behind the ball and try to nullify you (which happens at Spurs), I'm not sure how he'll deal with that. He's clearly flavour of the month but I'm not sure he's quite ready yet.

I'd say he's favourite for manager of the season, I'd welcome him with open arms.

ArtyB said:
Thelonious said:

I'd say he's favourite for manager of the season, I'd welcome him with open arms.
I put him on the same level as Lambert, he's done just as well although his football isn't as easy on the eye. Next season will be the real acid test for him when teams put all their men behind the ball and stifle them.

Question is, if we don't go for one of them two, who do we go for whilst they get toughened up? I can't see Levy splashing cash on a big name just to replace them after one or two seasons.

I've got no idea, if we get Rodgers, I'd obviously welcome him with open arms. I just think we need to look at it a bit more cautiously, the 2nd season will be inifinitely tougher so we'll see if he actually has a plan B.

Thelonious said:
ArtyB said:
Thelonious said:

I put him on the same level as Lambert, he's done just as well although his football isn't as easy on the eye. Next season will be the real acid test for him when teams put all their men behind the ball and stifle them.

The only problem is that Spurs won't be able to wait and see.

Kalyl said:
our next boss will always be a risk, and personally I feel there's less of a risk with rodgers than Jose, cause of their tactical mindsets. Rodgers is playing attacking, possesion based football with the swans, whilst Jose's a defensive coach, regardless of the stats he's got at RM. RM have got Ronnie, Øzil, Di Maria, Kaka, Higuan, Alonso etc etc so creativity and goals is gonna come on it's own.

Therefore tactically, I can see Jose failing whilst Rodgers will succeede.
Could you not argue the same point about Spurs?

We have Bale, Lennon, Modric, van der Vaart, Adebayor(possibly), Defoe, Saha, Kranjcar, Walker, Dos Santos(possibly not).

We don't have the required personnel to set the team up defensively, Jose could go out and buy players to change that, but we're still going to end up with a very attacking squad/set-up, no matter who takes over.

ArtyB said:
Thelonious said:

I put him on the same level as Lambert, he's done just as well although his football isn't as easy on the eye. Next season will be the real acid test for him when teams put all their men behind the ball and stifle them.[/quote]

The only problem is that Spurs won't be able to wait and see.[/quote]

Exactly this, from what I've seen from part of this season, especially the latter stages, even if Harry doesn't get england, I feel he's taken us as far as he can. He's too tactically numb for us to really win a major trophy (sorry, but I can't count the FA cup at the same lvl as the league and CL).

yes Charlie, it can be said about us well, but so far, we're in different worlds regarding goal threat. RM score pretty much every time they go forward, we only look like scoring. our finishing is in different classes atm, we are still missing that real poacher of a striker with the football brain and decision making to make the right choice between a pass and a shot (see the defoe thread...)

Don't start with Defoe, he seems to be all I tweet about at times. Infuriating would be an understatement.

The likes of Hazard adding to the creative talents of vdV, Modric, Bale and Lennon and a consistent striker could make all the difference.

Hopefully.

thanks for the chuckle mate! needed that after yesterday.
yeah, our main goal should be a proper consistent striker who can link up and score, just a shame they are 1 in a thousand... all we can do is believe in Levy to be frank.

Pleasure!

I'm actually a big fan of both Adebayor and Saha. Didn't really want either when the deals first happened, but have been happy to be proved wrong.

Adebayor is still a bit hot and cold, but the Newcastle game summed him up for me.

While Saha has come in and worked really hard and looks more of a goalscorer and also competes in the air a lot better than I ever expected.

Maybe we need a Sahadebayor hybrid?

I think we do need a hybrid between them two, but we've hijacked this thread now and are turning it into the summer signing one :adegrin: so I'll twist it back to AVB/Rodgers for spurs!! :coys:

Not at all surprised by Jürgen's response. He's only recently taken over USA, seems to love the California lifestyle, and wants to reap some of the benefits regarding his efforts to rebuild the junior systems. (If such efforts were more than talk)

After the US hoists the World Cup in the face of a completely devastated Brazil side (and I'm found in my apartment by police), he'll be able to sign his own cheques anywhere he likes.

I would suggest the most important line in that article is:-

"Then, in soccer, just like in any other environment, you never know what will happen."

Back
Top Bottom