Who is in your PL team of the season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Certainly not Pogba

_106562195_pfa_team.png
For me, there is way too much hype around Ederson, Allison & Kepa, they are good 'keepers but just because they cost a fortune for their respective clubs to buy doesn't/shouldn't elevate them into the stratosphere. All 3 have been really suspect this season and because of the way their team in front of them plays (City & Liverpool) they actually have very little to do. I refer you all to the games when we played against Liverpool and City and for me Lloris was by far the better keeper on each occasion we played them For me the best 'keeper in the league this year has been Fabianski.

Alexander-Arnold IMO is not the best in the league, he can't defend for shit, in fact, he's almost a liability defensively but the style of the team, using the FB's as the main force of attack makes him look far better than he is (he's excellent at going forward and is one of the best in the league this season). Wan-Bissaka IMO is the best RB in the league.

The CB's are contentious too, as a CB Laporte has been poor every game I watched him play, but when playing out wide as LB or LCB in a back 3 he's been very good. Van Diik is a very good player but he is there mainly because of his fee Liverpool paid and has' benefited the way in which Liverpool are set up, he doesn't have to do much defending and when he has, he has looked just as suspect as any other good CB has this year. Vertonghen should be in no doubt in my mind, probably at the expense of Laporte.

WHAT THE FUCK IS POGBA DOING IN THERE!!?? so many contenders who are better, David Silva and even though he's been injured I think De Bruyne has outplayed Pogba this season. Moutinho is a strong shout, as too is Capoue or Doucoure from Watford. There is our own Sissoko who whilst I don't think should be included he absolutely has been better than Pogba.

I'm actually pleased to see Aguero in there as he is a player that has been so criminally overlooked in the past it's been ridiculous. I can make a case for Son instead of Mane but I do understand why Mane is in there and not Son.

I agree with all the others.

I don't understand Pogba, but maybe he's a very nice guy and that's why he gets so many votes or maybe he's a bit like Dembele in the sense that you can only really understand how gifted he is when you meet him in a pitch. But for me Pogba is closer to the EPL flop team of the year (esp considering his market value and wages)

I don't understand Pogba, but maybe he's a very nice guy and that's why he gets so many votes or maybe he's a bit like Dembele in the sense that you can only really understand how gifted he is when you meet him in a pitch. But for me Pogba is closer to the EPL flop team of the year (esp considering his market value and wages)

The voting was done in early March when Pogba was "free from Mourinho" and Ole was giving him the "freedom to play the Man Utd way" etc etc.

He also does a lot of dabbing on social media, which goes down well with fellow Pro's.

The voting was done in early March when Pogba was "free from Mourinho" and Ole was giving him the "freedom to play the Man Utd way" etc etc.

He also does a lot of dabbing on social media, which goes down well with fellow Pro's.

It’s classic, who was playing well within a week of the voting? Nobody even remembers August-October, just the way people are nowadays

He is a millennial footballers dream, smiles, hugs, does a fancy turn and all style over substance, never going to die for the cause, the poster child for so many players now

Seriously no Son?? :sonhmm:

He'll be our Player of the Season no doubt.... with Sissoko in VERY close 2nd for me!

Correct but Son would be our only player this season to get anywhere near a Prem 11 and he is not as good as Hazard, who for me gets in ahead of Mane if Agueron is the main striker.

If we get top 4 or much better still wim the Champions League who would care???

Just watching the MotD team of the year. As far I can see, none of the 'experts' have any Spurs players in their teams. You know, the team that is 3rd in the table and in the semi-final of the CL.

Hazard deserves to be in there over mane imo. Son is pretty unlucky that a few other players have had incredible seasons as well. Could pick mooy and he'd be more deserving than Pogba, ridiculous inclusion. Not sure how so many players had him in there, maybe they thought he played well against them or something?

Back
Top Bottom