Who monitors UEFA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Gascoigne

Forum Jester
Whilst fully understanding why UEFA are going to investigate the remainder of the 12, but who monitors them ?

Who is determining their direction and their policies ?

Now we have the 3rd level competition.

They want to bring 2000 "VIP" guests to Wembley, which the govt have refused. As a result REAL fans may have to travel to Portugal to see the game. These are the same people who opposed the new league because they are on the the side of the fans. REALLY ?

I'm surprised they haven't offered the final of the CL to the USA, China or Australia !

They seem to make up their own rules. We invented this game, so why is it overseen by EuroIdiots ?

Whilst fully understanding why UEFA are going to investigate the remainder of the 12, but who monitors them ?

Who is determining their direction and their policies ?

Now we have the 3rd level competition.

They want to bring 2000 "VIP" guests to Wembley, which the govt have refused. As a result REAL fans may have to travel to Portugal to see the game. These are the same people who opposed the new league because they are on the the side of the fans. REALLY ?

I'm surprised they haven't offered the final of the CL to the USA, China or Australia !

They seem to make up their own rules. We invented this game, so why is it overseen by EuroIdiots ?

Yeah this is why all the "outrage" about the ESL made me roll my eyes.

It's got fuck all to do with fans and more about maintaining UEFA's monopoly. They have been outed as being utterly corrupt yet we are supposed to think they are the brave custodians of football's values.

The needs of fans is the last thing on their tick list as it doesn't line their pockets

The answer to the question, unsatisfactory as it is, is FIFA.

IN THEORY, both UEFA and FIFA are non-profits, and as such are incentivized to look after the game itself, rather than the narrow and short-term interests of immediate profit seeking.

In practice of course those organizations are both unimaginably corrupt and even worse totally captured by the interests of the elite clubs they are supposed to regulate and push against.

There are no good guys here, but if any good guys are to emerge, it would have to be from governing bodies that are not just fiduciaries of the elite clubs. Keep your eye on the ball of the real evil here.

Not sure how. By carefully putting the back pocket payments into a Swiss bank account ?
Aleksandar Ceferin keeping the Moldova FA representative in his back pocket for the voting at the next general meeting can be in service of the better interests of the game in a way that Stan Kroenke whoring the sport out for a 3% increase on a Chinese TV deal isn't.

The problem the FIFA structure has they lost all credibility in the Anglosphere business-political-media axis the day they gave the World Cups to Russia and Qatar. We've been in a Cold War between the two ever since.

Again, no good guys here, but 12 clubs swallowing the world is an extinction outcome for the sport even if Spurs are one of them, it's suicide.

Whereas on the other hand, financed by buckets of blood or not, Gianni Infantino's vision for an expanded Club World Cup is at least barking up the right tree in terms of its spirit and intention.

Last edited:
Aleksandar Ceferin keeping the Moldova FA representative in his back pocket for the voting at the next general meeting can be in service of the better interests of the game in a way that Stan Kroenke whoring the sport out for a 3% increase on a Chinese TV deal isn't.

The problem the FIFA structure has they lost all credibility in the Anglosphere business-political-media axis the day they gave the World Cups to Russia and Qatar. We've been in a Cold War between the two ever since.

Again, no good guys here, but 12 clubs swallowing the world is an extinction outcome for the sport even if Spurs are one of them, it's suicide.

Whereas on the other hand, financed by buckets of blood or not, Gianni Infantino's vision for an expanded Club World Cup is at least barking up the right tree in terms of its spirit and intention.
And extra games for the CL ?
I cannot believe that Qatar and January is still accepted
The large European clubs should say "sorry but our players won't be available in January " .Whilst they might think that they run football, they are aiming for a fight !

And extra games for the CL ?
Absolutely not, that is UEFA selling out to the elite clubs to try to keep them in line, a policy of appeasement that is so clearly failing and I cannot understand why they carry on with it.

And to carry on with Qatar while handing North America the bloated 2026 monstrosity, it's all just been managed really terribly.

There needs to be a FIFA, and it needs to be a hell of a lot better than the FIFA we have.

They want to bring 2000 "VIP" guests to Wembley, which the govt have refused. As a result REAL fans may have to travel to Portugal to see the game.
lol is that why they are moving it?

They really are a joke. Sky throwing their toys out of the pram over the SL fiasco because it would hurt them is even more funny now.

If it is in Lisbon it'll be funny how many fans are actually allowed to attend if the numbers are limited.

I don't really care if a super league happens or not and find UEFA/fifa tears a bit rich when they are doing their very best to flog the players of top clubs to death by making more champions League games squeezing in more international friendlies making international tournaments bigger and they even want a massive club world Cup but don't want to pay the players themselves for it, they are liberty taking cunts and I'd enjoy nothing more than them floundering without their cash cows.

I don't care about the outcome of Chelsea v City and might not even watch it but that UEFA have had an opportunity to play this game anywhere for the convenience of supporters in a global pandemic and have chosen Portugal is absolutely ridiculous.
It should be in England (obviously) and doesn't have to be Wembley. If clubs are getting 4000 tickets each it can be at Villa Park socially distanced.

I don't care about the outcome of Chelsea v City and might not even watch it but that UEFA have had an opportunity to play this game anywhere for the convenience of supporters in a global pandemic and have chosen Portugal is absolutely ridiculous.
It should be in England (obviously) and doesn't have to be Wembley. If clubs are getting 4000 tickets each it can be at Villa Park socially distanced.
Where is the uproar to this? Will Chelsea and city fans protest against UEFA now?
And has any media been slating them for the decision to have it in Portugal and not over here where the fans are?

I know it's only chavs etc but fucking stupid decision.

Where is the uproar to this? Will Chelsea and city fans protest against UEFA now?
And has any media been slating them for the decision to have it in Portugal and not over here where the fans are?

I know it's only chavs etc but fucking stupid decision.
It's utterly batshit and seems so low profile.

It's not just the corporate hangers on but journalists that were denied exemptions from our Covid rules?

Obviously they haven't paid for any government ministers decorations lately?

The decision to play the CL final in Portugal is entirely obscene. Just a few days after UK fans saved their bacon over the ESL, UEFA have royally shafted the very people who saved them.

Disgusting croneyism.

So Portugal it is, fucking disgrace ! UEFA hang your head
I posted thus and stand by it.
However someone made the point that our govt have refused 2000 exemptions but caused 12,000 people to travel to and from Portugal. My forecast is that whilst they are there it will be put on the red list so they can force them into hotels for a fortnight !

I posted thus and stand by it.
However someone made the point that our govt have refused 2000 exemptions but caused 12,000 people to travel to and from Portugal. My forecast is that whilst they are there it will be put on the red list so they can force them into hotels for a fortnight !
No not all of them...only the Chelsea fans.

As much as I disliked the ESL concept, the one redeeming quality of it was that it was a gigantic middle finger to FIFA and UEFA. It was the biggest challenge to their monopoly of football that they have had in a long time.

The idea that they cared about "meritocracy" was laughable, and they used public sentiment to maintain power. Now unfortunately, UEFA and FIFA have more power than ever after this fell apart.

As much as I disliked the ESL concept, the one redeeming quality of it was that it was a gigantic middle finger to FIFA and UEFA. It was the biggest challenge to their monopoly of football that they have had in a long time.

The idea that they cared about "meritocracy" was laughable, and they used public sentiment to maintain power. Now unfortunately, UEFA and FIFA have more power than ever after this fell apart.
Yeah watch the case in the European court, its our only hope.

Back
Top Bottom