Who should be our Captain?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who should be Tottenham Captain?

• Total voters
Out of the following. Who would you pick as club captain?

In my eyes it's between Hugo and Pierre. Although I have a sneaky feeling that unless we sign another CB, Dier might be our starting CB so he's included as well.

I've not included Kane for obvious reasons. Only people who want to wear this shirt (and Sissoko).

I'd choose Pierre. I think the guy is an absolute fucking warrior. As much as I love Hugo, I'd rather it go to an outfield player who can scream in people's ears when they're not pulling their weight. Lloris would easily be my vice though.

(AT THE TIME OF WRITING THIS HOJBJERG WASN'T A CHAMPIONSHIP-LEVEL CLOGGER, HE WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY DECENT. BUT YES, I AM VERY EMBARRASSED AND FEEL DEEP SHAME)

Last edited:
For now Lloris as I wouldn’t want to strip him and he has been a very good player for us. However once he has gone Hojbjerg seems like a natural leader.

There is absolutely no reason to take the captains armband away from Lloris.

But even if we started over and ignored the fact that Llrois hadn't been captain, there would be zero reason to give the armband to PEH over him. Lloris would be so much better of an option and PEH should not even be 2nd option if it weren't Lloris.

It is odd to see Spurs fans talk about not liking keepers as captains when so many teams/players have had success with goalkeepers as captain. There is nothing to think that keepers at captain is a problem or doesn't work.

Good question. It's made me think. As 'elder statesman' I reckon it should remain with Lloris for as long as he's 1st choice goalie. PEH as vice captain.

harry-winks.jpg

Pierre for me. A true leader and warrior. He's also one of the first name on the team-sheet.

Lloris is great and I love him to bits, but I've never been a fan of keepers being the captain.

I voted Hojbjerg, but only once Lloris moves on. Until then Hugo should keep it, but I’d like to see Hojbjerg step up to Vice Captain

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom