who should replace serge?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doherty, Atal or Mukiele would be exciting. And others linked - Celik, Castagne or Aarons its just for the future, i think, for the long term, as a back-up, unfortunately. They wouldn't be an upgrade for Aurier, we have to understand.

Doherty, Atal or Mukiele would be exciting. And othee linked - Celik, Castagne or Aarons its just for the future, i think, for the long term, as a back-up, unfortunately. They wouldn't be an upgrade for Aurier, we have to understand.

He is 24.... 25 in December.

Now or never.

...He's OLDER than Atal & Mukiele.

Doherty, Atal or Mukiele would be exciting. And others linked - Celik, Castagne or Aarons its just for the future, i think, for the long term, as a back-up, unfortunately. They wouldn't be an upgrade for Aurier, we have to understand.

I think Atal and Mukiele would likely also be for the future considering Atal is coming off a major knee injury and may take time to recover or be ready for the PL and Mukiele is mainly a CB is he not? So may also take time to fully switch over to RB.

I also don't know why Celik or Castagne would be for the future? They are either ready to come in now or not worth buying at their age/experience.

Have we been linked to Doherty? If so who by? He would cost a ton

Klaiber from Utrecht has brilliant stats, wouldn't cost much and would fit us,other than that have no clue, we will end up with that Lille rightback

One of the rumour merchants linked it last week. I can't remember who it was but I don't think it was a strong link or a reliable source.

What about George Baldock?

English, Premier League Proven. Hard working FB, played almost every game last season. Very good crosser of the ball.

Only two years left in his contract.

DOM_1M.jpg

Doesn't he manage the scum now that Pep promoted the ball boy?

What about George Baldock?

English, Premier League Proven. Hard working FB, played almost every game last season. Very good crosser of the ball.

Only two years left in his contract.

My concern would be he has had one year at the PL level and is now 27. Was last year a good year for him or is he a unique player that improved so much late in his career.

I also don't think he would leave Sheffield United unless for a big over pay both in terms of salary and a transfer fee and I am not sure he is worth that risk.

My concern would be he has had one year at the PL level and is now 27. Was last year a good year for him or is he a unique player that improved so much late in his career.

I also don't think he would leave Sheffield United unless for a big over pay both in terms of salary and a transfer fee and I am not sure he is worth that risk.
In my opinion, the fact that he is 27 shouldn´t be a problem. He´s younger than Aurier, for example - still going to be 27 until March 2021 -, and he´s got at least 5 years in him. Also, we need a balanced squad, and not a super young squad.

About the fee, as I said, he´s got two years left in his contract, so this is probably Sheffield´s last chance to make a good profit on him. He is Premier League proven - a player ready to come in and play. If he costs a bit more than the likes of Castagne, it´s probably for a good reason.

Last edited:

Beware Sheff U players; I suspect they are the proverbial 'system players' (like most of Poch's S'ton crop).

In my opinion, the fact that he is 27 shouldn´t be a problem. He´s younger than Aurier, for example - still going to be 27 until March 2021 -, and he´s got at least another 5 years in him. Also, we need a balanced squad, and not a super young squad.

About the fee, as I said, he´s got two years left in his contract, so this is probably Sheffield´s last chance to make a good profit on him. He is Premier League proven - a player ready to come in and play. If he costs a bit more than the likes of Castagne, it´s probably for a good reason.

My concern with him being 27 is that he is 27 with one season of PL football. For the vast majority of his career he has played it outside of the PL and it wasn't like he was dominating those leagues with his outstanding skill.

Its possible that he was always good enough to be in the PL and it didn't show and it is also possible that he was a late bloomer that didn't develop his full skills until after he was 25, but as Airfixx points out below its also possible that he looked good last year because he fits well in that Sheffield United system.

I am just leery of buying an older player with one good season, playing in a system for a coach he is familiar with and doesn't have much history before that one season indicating that he would be a good PL player.

Beware Sheff U players; I suspect they are the proverbial 'system players' (like most of Poch's S'ton crop).
I tend to agree, but even if that´s the case, Baldock could be an exception.

His style of play, up and down the pitch for 90 minutes (and he played all 38 Premier League this season), it´s perfect for what Mourinho wants from his offensive FB.

And also, his crosses would work in any system.

Gedson and sissoko is a more than adequate selection of Right backs

We have made two signings this window and I think we now have a nicely balanced squad, no need for anymore bodies

In fact I think we should be looking to move a few out to makesure we comply with FFP
Can we sell the bald midget, who is definitely a burden on wages

Back
Top Bottom