Who should we buy at CB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Choose 2 options (1 left-foot & 1 right-foot)

• Total voters
I’d rather we take the money and put it into bricks and mortar if I’m honest

Players aren’t important , property is where it’s at

A new golf course please Danny

Once Romero is back we have Romero, Dier, Tanganga, Davies, Rodon and Sanchez. That is ok not perfect but usable. I think the likes of Kessie in midfield, Adama/Lamptey at RWB and a attacker/striker would be the best use of the Jan window.

I dont think centre back is our priority till summer tbh. Conte is always going to have us tight at the back with the system. Ball playin midfielder, rb, striker all bigger concerns

The way I see it, transfers are going one of two ways now.

We pay a stupid amount of money for a proven CB, though most likely not one from the Prenier League, thus adding to the problem of adapting to a new style of football. And I'd they don't work out, it's a waste of money. Sanchez is a prime example of that, as we all know.....

Not a "prime example" at all.

We didn't pay 40m for Sanchez on the basis that he was a proven 1st class CB...... He was bought on the basis of what it was thought he'd become.

No one has voted for Lisandro Martinez, so let me explain why I included him for LCB:

-Ajax have only conceded 4 goals so far in 18 Eredivisie matches (historic even for a poor league)
-Ajax only conceded 5 goals in their 6 CL group games (vs Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon, and Besiktas)

Dutch journalist Statham said: You have to say that Martinez has been the best defender in the league so far. A few players I have interviewed have commented on how Martinez has been the most difficult defender they have faced – mentioning his physicality (and little tricks) being hard to get around – and he has also been very good on the ball.
When the option says "L. Martinez" ....maybe (some) people believed that you meant Lautaro Martinez as LCB? 😁 Conte, according to some, can turn any player around :cool:

I know one can't fit in all the decent LCB candidates but I'd like to see Joško Gvardio and/or Evan N'dicka as options, Gvardiol being my choice among those 2.

Last edited:
I know one can't fit in all the decent LCB candidates but I'd like to see Joško Gvardio and/or Evan N'dicka as options, Gvardiol being my choice among those 2.
Gvardiol would be perfect for Conte system. Although Davies is playing solid, we need better.

We need young and good players to depend on zhem in the future.

Back
Top Bottom