Who should we buy at CB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Choose 2 options (1 left-foot & 1 right-foot)

• Total voters
Romagnoli.
- Free agent in the summer.
- Italian.
- left footed.
Romagnoli was incredible the season Milan had Bonucci and the one after, but his form fell off the cliff afterwards. He would make Ben Davies look like Costacurta...

The way I see it, transfers are going one of two ways now.

We pay a stupid amount of money for a proven CB, though most likely not one from the Prenier League, thus adding to the problem of adapting to a new style of football. And I'd they don't work out, it's a waste of money. Sanchez is a prime example of that, as we all know.....

Not a "prime example" at all.

We didn't pay 40m for Sanchez on the basis that he was a proven 1st class CB...... He was bought on the basis of what it was thought he'd become.

Being realistic, I think Bremer is the one we could get in this window. What I've seen of him I've no doubt he's good defensively but not brilliant with the ball. Comfortable playing on right or left of back three.

I think we've seen marked improvement in D. Sanchez comfort on the ball the last 6 weeks because the team has a set way of playing and it makes his decisions for him, and wonder if you may see that in Bremer were he to play under Conte. Ultimately, though he's a good player, I think we need to be more sure of the players ability on the ball when we bring in another cb.

De Vrij I could see happening in the summer, good with the ball. Schlotterbeck I really enjoy watching and would be my vote. Pau Torres, Bastoni great but maybe a bit unrealistic.

Okay sadly, this is what Schlotterbeck said:

“I’m not someone who really aspires to play in England or Spain. I have always wanted to play in the Bundesliga, preferably with the best team," Nico Schlotterbeck said in a recent Kicker interview.

Okay sadly, this is what Schlotterbeck said:

“I’m not someone who really aspires to play in England or Spain. I have always wanted to play in the Bundesliga, preferably with the best team," Nico Schlotterbeck said in a recent Kicker interview.

aka "I want to flat-track bully the shit out of the Bundesliga....."

Pussy.

NEXT.

No one has voted for Lisandro Martinez, so let me explain why I included him for LCB:

-Ajax have only conceded 4 goals so far in 18 Eredivisie matches (historic even for a poor league)
-Ajax only conceded 5 goals in their 6 CL group games (vs Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon, and Besiktas)

Dutch journalist Statham said: You have to say that Martinez has been the best defender in the league so far. A few players I have interviewed have commented on how Martinez has been the most difficult defender they have faced – mentioning his physicality (and little tricks) being hard to get around – and he has also been very good on the ball.

No one has voted for Lisandro Martinez, so let me explain why I included him for LCB:

-Ajax have only conceded 4 goals so far in 18 Eredivisie matches (historic even for a poor league)
-Ajax only conceded 5 goals in their 6 CL group games (vs Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon, and Besiktas)

Dutch journalist Statham said: You have to say that Martinez has been the best defender in the league so far. A few players I have interviewed have commented on how Martinez has been the most difficult defender they have faced – mentioning his physicality (and little tricks) being hard to get around – and he has also been very good on the ball.
Lol. This place would be hilarious when Romero AND Lisandro Martinez get called up for Argentina.

None of them. Whilst not saying we do not need to strengthen in that area, we need to prioritise attacking options like another player to relieve the pressure on the front 3 and an attacking playmaker. Defence replacements will have to wait until the summer.

Once Romero is back we have Romero, Dier, Tanganga, Davies, Rodon and Sanchez. That is ok not perfect but usable. I think the likes of Kessie in midfield, Adama/Lamptey at RWB and a attacker/striker would be the best use of the Jan window.

Carter-Vickers is having an excellent season on loan at Celtic, according to reports. Same with Matar Sarr at Metz. If Davies and Winks can turn it around, could Cameron and Pape do the same next season? Wouldn't they both be homegrown too?

Carter-Vickers is having an excellent season on loan at Celtic, according to reports. Same with Matar Sarr at Metz. If Davies and Winks can turn it around, could Cameron and Pape do the same next season? Wouldn't they both be homegrown too?
What do you mean with Pape Sarr can turn it around? He's 19 and has not even played for Spurs yet, so where's the question of him turning it around? At least give him a chance to play 1 game for Spurs first :cool:
As for Carter-Vickers, well, I can see him one day being a reliable EPL defender but not in a top team. If Conte wants to keep, that's another question...

Back
Top Bottom