Who should we buy at RWB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1st choice RWB

• Total voters
Sadly, we won’t buy anyone of those because

1 - they would cost actual money and more than a fraudulent loan
2 - we just spent 30m on the Brazilian Alan Hutton

I’ll never trust Spurs fans opinion on fullback play after the incessant criticism of Kyle Walker. The number of people happy to see him going was astounding and bizarre.

Kind of would just prefer to give our 22 year old RB, who is learning the language and didn’t have a preseason, more than six weeks to adapt under a real manager. Though I do hope we buy a young player with some upside to replace Doherty.

Bit harsh to bin off Emerson after only 8 games and two managers in that short period of time, also Covid, game cancellations etc. If Conte managed to turn Ashley Young and Victor Moses into championship-winning wing backs we should see if he can do the same with Royal... although not with Gooner Doherty, he can do one

we havent got bags of cash to spend, and I 100% believe the focus will be on another forward, a box to box midfielder and a bit of cover at centre half before we look at wingbacks

Reduced to childish insults - keep digging as this is all you have

Emerson has been nothing short of dog shit under both Conte and Nuno prior - dream on of the next Cafu there - game is played in paper not Twitter stats
Ah yes, the statistics referenced are goals and assists, which apparently are Twitter stats and don’t count during the game? :goonermong:

Bit harsh to bin off Emerson after only 8 games and two managers in that short period of time, also Covid, game cancellations etc. If Conte managed to turn Ashley Young and Victor Moses into championship-winning wing backs we should see if he can do the same with Royal... although not with Gooner Doherty, he can do one

It’s more likely Doherty will be sold than Emerson, he is 22 and has had some good games and bad ones which is to be expected coming into a new league very young, Doherty by contrast is unlikely to be significantly improving.

We need two players per position. Sess and Regulion on the left and Emerson and someone else on the right.

we havent got bags of cash to spend, and I 100% believe the focus will be on another forward, a box to box midfielder and a bit of cover at centre half before we look at wingbacks
Both Moses and Young were natural wingers though, Young was a very good one earlier in his career. Emerson doesn't seem to be comfortable at all attacking down the wing, I think this is where the problem lies.

To those fanatics out there: have anyone been watching Max Aarons and/or Jayden Bogle?
DKCVVS9.png

And as he’s shown with that position in the past (Young, Moses) it doesn’t always have to be a player who will break the bank. I think whoever it is won’t be on that list. It will be completely left (or right) field.
Agreed, If we do sign one I think the player will surprise most of us. Conte will know who he wants, let’s put our trust in him

I’ll never trust Spurs fans opinion on fullback play after the incessant criticism of Kyle Walker. The number of people happy to see him going was astounding and bizarre.
He was merely a backup to Trippier as some lunatics would have had you believe at the time

Back
Top Bottom