Who should we buy at RWB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1st choice RWB

• Total voters
Christ if we're already looking at blowing a decent fee on a RWB after buying Emerson, Conte must really not rate him in that role.

Livramento is a pipe dream, Lamptey would be hugely overpriced, the rest I've heard various things about but have never watched so can't reliably give an opinion at all. Apart from Dest, who I've seen a few times and not been impressed .. at all.

Adama then .. but only if Conte genuinely sees him filling that role.

Christ if we're already looking at blowing a decent fee on a RWB after buying Emerson, Conte must really not rate him in that role.

Livramento is a pipe dream, Lamptey would be hugely overpriced, the rest I've heard various things about but have never watched so can't reliably give an opinion at all. Apart from Dest, who I've seen a few times and not been impressed .. at all.

That’s for your input - you should email Conte with such transfer wisdom

That’s for your input - you should email Conte with such transfer wisdom

Firstly, this isn't English. Not the first time I've had to school you.

Secondly, the thread is about who should we buy at RWB. I know your answer is 'anyone who isn't a fraud or a cunt' but frankly that can't be everyone's answer, otherwise it would get tiresome.

Merry Christmas!!!

Bit harsh to bin off Emerson after only 8 games and two managers in that short period of time, also Covid, game cancellations etc. If Conte managed to turn Ashley Young and Victor Moses into championship-winning wing backs we should see if he can do the same with Royal... although not with Gooner Doherty, he can do one

we havent got bags of cash to spend, and I 100% believe the focus will be on another forward, a box to box midfielder and a bit of cover at centre half before we look at wingbacks
Both Moses and Young were natural wingers though, Young was a very good one earlier in his career. Emerson doesn't seem to be comfortable at all attacking down the wing, I think this is where the problem lies.

livramento is only a pipe dream if chelsea execute their 25 m buyback clause but why would they they already have reece james

livramento is only a pipe dream if chelsea execute their 25 m buyback clause but why would they they already have reece james

You can almost guarantee if they smell a big profit they'll execute it only to be the ones who sell him on. And Southampton have only had him for this season, they're not gonna sell for any kind of reasonable price .. we're not paying huge money for a young right back with one good PL season under his belt.

You can almost guarantee if they smell a big profit they'll execute it only to be the ones who sell him on. And Southampton have only had him for this season, they're not gonna sell for any kind of reasonable price .. we're not paying huge money for a young right back with one good PL season under his belt.
true but soton could go down aswell not written in stone yet

cant see him staying there after this season, he is too good for them

Both Moses and Young were natural wingers though, Young was a very good one earlier in his career. Emerson doesn't seem to be comfortable at all attacking down the wing, I think this is where the problem lies.
This. Emerson has no natural attacking instincts. I don't think that can be coached.

He can be a solid defensive option but we need someone who can be a threat in the attacking third.

Tbh I'm not sure if Reg or Sess on the other side are those kinds of players either.

This. Emerson has no natural attacking instincts. I don't think that can be coached.

He can be a solid defensive option but we need someone who can be a threat in the attacking third.

Tbh I'm not sure if Reg or Sess on the other side are those kinds of players either.
Re. Reg and Sess, I tend to agree. Maybe Sess is more of a natural attacker if his confidence is high? Reg doesn't seem to be that good technically, or what I'd term a 'proper footballer', though he has put in some nice crosses. I'd love us to get Perisic and keep one of Sess or Reg to grow into the role.

Lamptey's injury record would give me pause, and I don't think he'd be available in January. But he'd be my #1 as he's homegrown and has unbelievable ability. The other side of that is it's a position we'll be rotating in plenty, and Emerson strikes me as a good, durable athlete to pair him with. (Touch wood.)

Livramento looks quality. Atal ticks most boxes but has very erratic technique in his final ball/shot.. actually a pretty aggressive defender despite his sight build. Have a feeling Conte could coach Adama into a seriously effective player, drilling him to do the same finish/final ball over and over. Would have Dest over Mazroui (durability, athleticism) ... Mazroui is unbelievable technically but a bit more risky imo. Lazzari is a good player.

Ridle Baku would be one I'd look at seriously. Haven't watched him much this season at club level but he has impressive qualities.

I think we should be looking two of them or one plus someone versatile that could fill in there tbh. I'm just not convinced at all by Emerson going forward.

Out of the list above I know well, I think Traore would bring the most to the team and be the most realistic. While Lamptey is very creative in a side that keeps the ball a lot, I'm just not 100% convinced of him, especially towards some of the physical aspects of the game and he's not getting any bigger.

Scotland's right side is sown up for the future, would like us to look at Nathan Patterson at Rangers and the right back that played for West Ham on Wednesday night at first glance to me looks like a player with loads of potential at right wing back. Ashby, looked a player.

Back
Top Bottom