Who should we buy at RWB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1st choice RWB

• Total voters
Lots of reliable media reports that Conte is prioritising a new RWB in the next transfer window.

If you have a suggestion that isn't in the poll, post on thread and I'll add it.

AgeContract ExpiringLeague stats this Season
LampteyBrighton2120250G 1A
LivramentoSouthampton1920261G 0A
AdamaWolves2520230G 0A
MazraouiAjax2420224G 2A
AtalNice2520232G 0A
DestBarcelona2120250G 3A
LazzariLazio2820241G 0A
BakuWolfsburg2320252G 2A

Last edited:
Sadly, we won’t buy anyone of those because

1 - they would cost actual money and more than a fraudulent loan
2 - we just spent 30m on the Brazilian Alan Hutton

For winning now and replacing Doherty I like Di Lorenzo.

NmRoppc.png

28 years-old, plays every minute, runs more than almost everyone else. Can play multiple positions RB, RWB, CB (in a 2 or a 3). Transfermarkt has his transfer value @ £21.4 M. (Dunno how accurate that is.)

||||||||DESPACITO||||||||CrazySkills21/22||||||||

Lamptey is the obvious, young home grown and very skilful, however he would cost an arm and a leg probably £50m. If Adama is cheap and Conte thinks he can be an effective RWB I can live with it.

Bit harsh to bin off Emerson after only 8 games and two managers in that short period of time, also Covid, game cancellations etc. If Conte managed to turn Ashley Young and Victor Moses into championship-winning wing backs we should see if he can do the same with Royal... although not with Gooner Doherty, he can do one

we havent got bags of cash to spend, and I 100% believe the focus will be on another forward, a box to box midfielder and a bit of cover at centre half before we look at wingbacks

Bit harsh to bin off Emerson after only 8 games and two managers in that short period of time, also Covid, game cancellations etc. If Conte managed to turn Ashley Young and Victor Moses into championship-winning wing backs we should see if he can do the same with Royal... although not with Gooner Doherty, he can do one

It’s more likely Doherty will be sold than Emerson, he is 22 and has had some good games and bad ones which is to be expected coming into a new league very young, Doherty by contrast is unlikely to be significantly improving.

We need two players per position. Sess and Regulion on the left and Emerson and someone else on the right.

Lamptey would be my first choice (although his injuries worry me) with Traore as second choice. I still think Traore would be a nightmare for opposing teams, the space he would create, the bookings he would force teams into making would have a big impact.

Whoever Conte wants as a first choice. No messing around.
I'm in this camp.....its more about who can adapt to the incumbent manager's system and work effectively within a particular defensive unit than individual ability and the best eye to identify that kind of beauty lies within the beholder.

Back
Top Bottom