Who should we buy at RWB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1st choice RWB

• Total voters
And as he’s shown with that position in the past (Young, Moses) it doesn’t always have to be a player who will break the bank. I think whoever it is won’t be on that list. It will be completely left (or right) field.
Agreed, If we do sign one I think the player will surprise most of us. Conte will know who he wants, let’s put our trust in him

I think we should be looking two of them or one plus someone versatile that could fill in there tbh. I'm just not convinced at all by Emerson going forward.

Out of the list above I know well, I think Traore would bring the most to the team and be the most realistic. While Lamptey is very creative in a side that keeps the ball a lot, I'm just not 100% convinced of him, especially towards some of the physical aspects of the game and he's not getting any bigger.

Scotland's right side is sown up for the future, would like us to look at Nathan Patterson at Rangers and the right back that played for West Ham on Wednesday night at first glance to me looks like a player with loads of potential at right wing back. Ashby, looked a player.
I dont disagree on Emerson but he’s probably here for atleast another 18 months now as he does deserve a chance and he is a solid back up.

I have added Ridl Baku to the poll, as well as adding his statistics to the Table in OP.
I can keep on posting graphs and data until you add Di Lorenzo (Napoli).

ODH4bCP.png

Kind of would just prefer to give our 22 year old RB, who is learning the language and didn’t have a preseason, more than six weeks to adapt under a real manager. Though I do hope we buy a young player with some upside to replace Doherty.

What were Di Lorenzo's stats from that game?
Oh, he did alright.

PMZTcNN.png

5Sux9u2.png

ULMXywC.png

3f9qFJf.png

Played the entire 120'.
113 touches. +30 > England's leader (Shaw 83)
67 passes/56 accurate passes. +1 > England's leader ( Maguire 66/55)
4 tackles
7.5 rating (per whoscored) = 3rd w/ Declan Rice

One guess which side covered more distance in the final AND was the leader in distance covered throughout the tournament.

Last edited:
Lamptey would be my first choice (although his injuries worry me) with Traore as second choice. I still think Traore would be a nightmare for opposing teams, the space he would create, the bookings he would force teams into making would have a big impact.
I think with Lampety’s injury record it’s less of an issue given how good Emmerson is

Kind of would just prefer to give our 22 year old RB, who is learning the language and didn’t have a preseason, more than six weeks to adapt under a real manager. Though I do hope we buy a young player with some upside to replace Doherty.

...But apparently the guy "doesn't even resemble a footballer". :llorishuh:

Back
Top Bottom