Who should we buy at RWB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1st choice RWB

• Total voters
I’ll never trust Spurs fans opinion on fullback play after the incessant criticism of Kyle Walker. The number of people happy to see him going was astounding and bizarre.

I’ll never trust Spurs fans opinion on fullback play after the incessant criticism of Kyle Walker. The number of people happy to see him going was astounding and bizarre.
He was merely a backup to Trippier as some lunatics would have had you believe at the time

To those fanatics out there: have anyone been watching Max Aarons and/or Jayden Bogle?
DKCVVS9.png

Kind of would just prefer to give our 22 year old RB, who is learning the language and didn’t have a preseason, more than six weeks to adapt under a real manager. Though I do hope we buy a young player with some upside to replace Doherty.

Here come the bullshit La Liga stats…. LMFAO

The same stats in which Lo Celso was the next Modric at Betis

Emerson hasn’t been here 6 weeks - but alsmost 6 months now and has looked atrocious every single time. There’s a reason Barca got rid so easily and now we all know

Here come the bullshit La Liga stats…. LMFAO

The same stats in which Lo Celso was the next Modric at Betis

Emerson hasn’t been here 6 weeks - but alsmost 6 months now and has looked atrocious every single time. There’s a reason Barca got rid so easily and now we all know
I mean, Reguilon was left back of the year in la Liga. Don't think he'd make the top 5 left backs in the premier League.

6 weeks refers to the time Conte has been here. Enough time for Dier and Davies to show a marked improvement.

I mean, Reguilon was left back of the year in la Liga. Don't think he'd make the top 5 left backs in the premier League.

6 weeks refers to the time Conte has been here. Enough time for Dier and Davies to show a marked improvement.
What improvement? Not fucking up vs Championship giants Brentford and Norwich?

Against the first semi decent team Wham Dier was back to usual shit self. We need much better - these are the same players who’ve let 4 managers down prior - aka the shit crew

Last edited:
...But apparently the guy "doesn't even resemble a footballer". :llorishuh:

Sorry but if you think he looks like a technically gifted attacking wing back while playing for us…

I want what you’re smoking!!

(He may come good .. he may suddenly develop the ability to cross and not look clumsy as it gets with a ball at his feet .. but this kind of thing doesn’t tend to just happen)

Sorry but if you think he looks like a technically gifted attacking wing back while playing for us…

I want what you’re smoking!!

(He may come good .. he may suddenly develop the ability to cross and not look clumsy as it gets with a ball at his feet .. but this kind of thing doesn’t tend to just happen)

Guy signed on the last day of the trf window so that's (nearly) 3 months (regardless of any lies spouted above!).... Half of which was a shit-fest under the old manager.... Some performances good; some not so good. New country... New language.

I'm simply happy to reserve my judgement.

Is he TAA? Nope..... Neither was Walker.

Guy signed on the last day of the trf window so that's (nearly) 3 months (regardless of any lies spouted above!).... Half of which was a shit-fest under the old manager.... Some performances good; some not so good. New country... New language.

He’s not had it easy. But had enough games IMO for us to get an idea of what type of player he is.

Walker makes up for a lack of technical ability with frightening athletic ability, which Emerson doesn’t possess.

I think he’s decent enough athletically, good defensively and poor going forward. Don’t expect that to change with settling in. Could see him RCB but I expect us to sign a more technical RWB to fit with Conte’s style.

If we're playing 3 at the back, I'd love to see Lamptey come in, with Emerson as back-up. The one thing with Tariq Lamptey is he seems to be quite injury hit for a young player and missed a lot of football. But when he's fit his pace and directness is a problem for any side.

Hahahahahhahahahaha

Apparently you need to be fluent in English to cross the ball

And recite Shakespeare to beat a defender 1v1

:harrylol:

What improvement? Not fucking up vs Championship giants Brentford and Norwich?

Against the first semi decent team Wham Dier was back to usual shit self. We need much better - these are the same players who’ve let 4 managers down prior - aka the shit crew

They have both played better since Conte arrived though, which means that 6 weeks is enough time to show some improvement under Conte (this was an argument made for Emerson, that he's only had 6 weeks). I don't think they will be starting for us once the transfers start coming in. I don't think Emerson will either.

They have both played better since Conte arrived though, which means that 6 weeks is enough time to show some improvement under Conte (this was an argument made for Emerson, that he's only had 6 weeks). I don't think they will be starting for us once the transfers start coming in. I don't think Emerson will either.
Hope you’re right - we need much better

Back
Top Bottom