Who will we sell this summer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who will we get rid of/sell this summer

• Gomes

Votes: 93 82.3%
  • Friedel

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Caulker

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Walker

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Gallas

Votes: 103 91.2%
  • Naughton

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • BAE

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • Rose

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Parker

Votes: 40 35.4%
  • Huddlestone

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Dempsey

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Siggy

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Defoe

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Livermore

Votes: 53 46.9%
  • Townsend

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
And not sure how one can argue that it's "irrational hate" for someone wanting to move a Striker who has 4 goals / 1 assist on the year, likely played a key role in the attack being so sub-par all season and who is paid the most in wages by the club. Big money comes big expectations. Ade performed far below those expectations

That seems rather rational from where I'm standing

Sell
Clint Dempsey
Danny Rose
Tom Huddlestone
Scott Parker
David Bentley
Jermain Defoe
Brad Friedel
Gomes
Khumalo

There will be plenty of teams ready to pay good money for these players for us to invest in more AVB fitted players and talents. Risk is we might have to pay for Bentley to leave us...

I'm hoping Steve Bruce likes the look of a few of our fringe players with prem experience - not sure who of the 4 playoff teams would be most likely to pay for any cast offs

I've been thinking and wouldn't be shocked/disappointed if Lennon was sold. He's been immense this season, but I don't think he fits into AVB's 4-3-3. Lennon's value is high and we could get very good money for him. He's not ideal for a front three, and the money from the sale could be reinvested for a player who fits the 4-3-3 better.

I've been thinking and wouldn't be shocked/disappointed if Lennon was sold. He's been immense this season, but I don't think he fits into AVB's 4-3-3. Lennon's value is high and we could get very good money for him. He's not ideal for a front three, and the money from the sale could be reinvested for a player who fits the 4-3-3 better.

I think the word is moron.

I think the word is moron.
I think that word is quite fitting for you on this particular subject. Lennon is not suited to the 4-3-3 as he's not aggressive enough towards goal (Does not shoot nearly enough and is too fond of the touchline). That is not to say we should sell him as he is too good to really get rid of, we want to build title challenging squad after all. But if we make the switch to the AVBporto-style 4-3-3 then we need someone more direct on goal and who's comfortable coming inside at the right moments from the left.

I think that word is quite fitting for you on this particular subject. Lennon is not suited to the 4-3-3 as he's not aggressive enough towards goal (Does not shoot nearly enough and is too fond of the touchline). That is not to say we should sell him as he is too good to really get rid of, we want to build title challenging squad after all. But if we make the switch to the AVBporto-style 4-3-3 then we need someone more direct on goal and who's comfortable coming inside at the right moments from the left.

You're right, we should sell one of better performers this season. Rather than train him into the role which he has started to fit into more this season anyway. Can't teach and old dog new tricks as they say..

- I don't have time to debate this now, I'll add more on the topic later.

You're right, we should sell one of better performers this season. Rather than train him into the role which he has started to fit into more this season anyway. Can't teach and old dog new tricks as they say..

- I don't have time to debate this now, I'll add more on the topic later.
Had you actually read my post you'd have seen that I do not condone selling him, he's too good to be sold, I do however think we should look for someone who's already used to playing that role and is good at it. Increased competition is never a bad thing, especially for a part of the squad where we are thin already!

Sell the following
Dempsey - just ain't Spurs, despite his input
Bentley - the farce has continued for long enough
Gomes - thanks for the memories, but it just hasn't worked out. And we've moved on to a system which wouldn't fit him.
Gallas - old legs fading fast.

Let BAE & Rose fight it out for LB.

Keep Livermore & Parker as cover for CDM positions - we'd get more in January if we need to sell anyway.

Bentley the first to go IMO. Making him the most expensive flop in Tottenham's history.

I can see Brad returning to Blackburn on a years contract. Gomes will return to Holland or stay in Germany.

Scott Parker will leave, we might get 2 million for him max.

Livermore on loan to a promoted side or use him in a deal for someone like Benteke.

Gallas I couldn't give a shit about. I'm sure some crazy Arab club will pay stupid wages for him.

Naughton to a promoted side like jimmyriggle jimmyriggle said.

I really do believe BAE will leave. AVB just doesn't rate him.

I'm a big fan of Lennon, but you do have a point around that 4-3-3 , Lennon fitting into the formation and his potential sale value. Have to think AL gets a year from AVB to see if he can fit into the attack

Not sure why Hegarz Hegarz is taking all these football posts so personally and talking down to forum members for simple POVs. That type of behavior here is simply unnecessary

BAE (Not sure that AVB rates him)
AVB doesn't seem to rate Ekotto
AVB just doesn't rate him.
BAE - it's pretty obvious that AVB doesn't rate him
Benny will leave; AVB really doesn't rate him
126.jpg

Football manager hero

Back
Top Bottom