Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower

Supporter
Time to move on quickly, let the Scum battle out every round of the league cup 56-87 in extra time.........

Start :adestare: even if he's being a cunt - he'll only be more of a cunt if we don't, :defoe2: has already lost his scoring streak.

COYS.

Will be heading over to London to this match, will be my first Spurs game but had a few question for anyone that can answer em,

1.) I will be staying in Stevenage so was planning on getting the train down on match day, planning on getting off at Seven Sisters, this the best thing to do?

2.) How early do you reckon I need to be arriving if I want to have a look around and soak up the atmosphere a bit, planning on having a good look in the Spurs shop too.

3.) Any nice pubs near the ground to have a drink in before the match?

4.) What is it like after the game, how long does it take to get out of there and back to the train station?

I think that's all, for now :baletroll:

Try and get the train to Northumberland Park or White Hart Lane as they're much closer. Seven Sisters is about a 30min walk to the ground. Get at least 2 hours before kick off if you want to look around the shop and go the the pub. None of the pubs are nice, but Bell & Hare, Bricklayers or Bill Nicholson you might find some people here in.

1.) I will be staying in Stevenage so was planning on getting the train down on match day, planning on getting off at Seven Sisters, this the best thing to do?

Hertfordshire La La La!
Get the train from Stevenage -> Finsbury Park -> Seven Sisters (tube) -> White Hart Lane. £12 for a return if you have a travelcard.

2.) How early do you reckon I need to be arriving if I want to have a look around and soak up the atmosphere a bit, planning on having a good look in the Spurs shop too.

Get there about 90 minutes before kick off, look in the spurs store for 30 minutes, drink/get a kebab before hand!

3.) Any nice pubs near the ground to have a drink in before the match?

I'd go to the Bricklayers Arms or Pride of Tottenham.

4.) What is it like after the game, how long does it take to get out of there and back to the train station?

To get the train from WHL you will have to stand in a bastard long queue that trails down the road. You'll be queuing for about 20 minutes

anything less than 9-1 will be deemed abject failure! (though i'll settle for 8!!)

COYMFS! I wanna see some ANGRY WINNING, NO MERCY!

:avbscream: :avbwtf: :balesnarl: :parker:

That's my trip to the lane

Train: Stevenage - Finsbury Park
Tube: Finsbury Park - Seven Sisters
Train: Seven Sisters - White Hart Lane
Walk out of White Hart Lane Station
Turn right to the High Road, then at the traffic lights turn left to the Brickies.

Get pissed, shout, sing, watch some football. JOB DONE!!

I would pick:​

Lloris​
Naughton Dawson Caulker Vertonghen​
Sandro Dembele​
Lennon Falque Bale​
Defoe​
Huddlestone if Dembele is not fit. I would also tell the players there's no reason to relax unless the match has been properly killed off :bmj:

After his performance against Norwich I'd love to see Falque get a chance, he showed immense dimension :avblol:

But seriously, he looked like he had the desire to make a real impact on the game - which is more than I can say for Dempsey or Siggy (both of whom I still rate very highly by the way) I just feel the change might be a good thing coming off the back of a pretty disappointing cup game.

Either way it would be great to really go for it and win by 2/3 goals; not another 2-1 "clenched sphincter, biting my nails like a nutjob for the last 20 minutes affair. All whilst we sit back and practically fucking invite their team over to our half for tea & cake with some desperate defending thrown in" type of thing... yeah.

:smesh:

4-4-1-1

[Centre]Lloris
Walker Caulker Gallas Vertonghen
Lennon Huddlestone Gylfi Bale
Falque
Defoe[/centre]

I'd play:

Lloris, Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen, Sandro, Hudd (assuming Dembele is out), Lennon, Falque, Bale and Defoe.

Falque was given a chance last night and he took it. He deserves a start in the league and I hope AVB gives him that start. Might give Dempsey and Sigurdsson a bit of a kick up the arse too

That's my trip to the lane

Train: Stevenage - Finsbury Park
Tube: Finsbury Park - Seven Sisters
Train: Seven Sisters - White Hart Lane
Walk out of White Hart Lane Station
Turn right to the High Road, then at the traffic lights turn left to the Brickies.

Get pissed, shout, sing, watch some football. JOB DONE!!

One thing I don't follow is why not go from Stevenage to Seven Sisters directly, and then from there to White Hart Lane?

One thing I don't follow is why not go from Stevenage to Seven Sisters directly, and then from there to White Hart Lane?

Stevenage is national rail, Seven Sisters is Tube/ Greater Anglia, there not on the same connecting line. Your quickest option is the one stated previously

Not been some bad days against Wigan, ey?:adegrin2:

146362-tottenham-v-wigan.jpg

Luka+Modric+Tottenham+Hotspur+v+Wigan+Athletic+-MlRG-kKxZUl.jpg

Wigan-Athletic-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League-Preview-60937.jpg

gareth-bale-tottenham-v-wigan.jpg

Tottenham-v-Wigan-Jermain-Defoe-his-first-cel_2387956.jpg

1122208509-22112009173456.jpg

Kyle+Walker+Wigan+Athletic+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+pj7X68gYg44l.jpg

12645003.jpg

Spurs+vs+Wigan.jpg

Back
Top Bottom