Wigan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
Definitely a game we can win. Will we keep the same team from Liverpool? Will Sandro get a look in? VDV on the RW? Galles AND King at the back?!

2-0 is the prediction from the experts on the podcast.

Lets get some discussion going.

COYS!

I think King will be rested for the visit of A*****l. Gallas and Kaboul should be able to (should!) keep Wigan at bay.

I think with Defoe & Ade up front we will win with relative comfort. Though it would be interesting to see a VDV/Ade partnership. After all, I think most of us will agree that Ade has already done more effective aerial work up front than Crouch did last season.

I'd say 3-1 Spurs, Defoe, Ade and Parker (don't know why!)

I think we should keep the same team, apart from King, try and keep him fit for next week. No harm in VDV being on the bench, good sub to come on, same goes for Sandro. I think a point up there would be disappointing.

Games like Wigan away (and Wolves 2 weeks ago) are games that we should be winning if we want to compete at the top. Spurs 2 nil. Ade and Defoe scoring again.

empefour said:
Games like Wigan away (and Wolves 2 weeks ago) are games that we should be winning if we want to compete at the top. Spurs 2 nil. Ade and Defoe scoring again.
Same prediction here.
Maybe 2-1, due to some kind of farcical defensive mix-up or incorrectly allowed goal. You know, cos it's Spurs.

Harry said it would be difficult to change a team that beat Liverpool 4-0 but I would prefer Ledley was saved for Woolwich.

We've had a few clean sheets now, if we let in even a single goal to Wigan i'll be pissed. Their best player from last year (N'Zog) has gone and Rodellega is injured. I would really like to see a return to our stern defence from the season before last.
We should beat this lot comfotable - I just hope the players dont roll up thinking they have won before the match kicks off - something Gallas alluded to at the end of last season.
That said, I would expect the addition of captain combover to address that kind of mentality.

Someone mentioned that Wigans pitch is usually a quagmire (giggidy) so maybe Ledley won't be risked on that surface. As long as Gallas or King are in defence I think we should be fine.

I'm not sure if Niko is injured as he was taken off at half-time against Liverpool, that'd give VDV a full 90 minutes tomorrow I'd imagine.

Pretty sure the pitch is fine now. Anyway, its early in the season so there is no reason why it shouldnt be in good condition.

I just hope Redknapp doesn't feel pressured to switch back to 4-4-1-1 with VDV behind Adebayor. The system worked in Europe for us last year, (until Madrid murdered us), but we look so much more fluid in a 4-4-2.

FFS, just saw this after I created the other prediction thread... Does a mod want to delete that?

Here's what I posted in there...

Alreet you schlaaaags,

First time poster after listening to the show for the first time yesterday. Keep up the good work!

It's got the makings of being a tricky fixture, but after winning at Wolves fairly comfortably without really trying makes me think this is in the bag.

I'm going, 3-1 to Spurs, Adebaby with another brace, Defoe with one.

Any other bids?

Grandad Brad

Walker Kaboul King Bale

VDV Sandro Parker Modders

Defoe Ade

?

I kind of want to make sure Ledley is OK for Woolwich tho

BAE out now? Oh well, Bale can drop back, but if Sandro isn't OK to play, the midfield is starting to look a bit weird. Modric on the left, Parker and VDV in the middle, Niko on the right?

S.L.R said:
BAE out now? Oh well, Bale can drop back, but if Sandro isn't OK to play, the midfield is starting to look a bit weird. Modric on the left, Parker and VDV in the middle, Niko on the right?

niko on the left, vdv on the right. probably more that way as niko better from the left and vdv better from the right.

knowing foreskin head he'll probably play fucking corluka at lb or walker with charlie at rb.

watching corluka is like watching an action replay.

Back
Top Bottom