Wilfried Zaha

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess Twitter doesn't rate him because he is an English winger...

Zaha has the pace we need and the most consistent dribbler in the league. Yes, his final pass is something to work on, but we did well with the English players Poch has brought in so far. He would finally give our game more width and allow us to counter-attack. Would be nice if this is true and we get the deal done before the Liverpool game.

Zaha has the pace we need and the most consistent dribbler in the league. Yes, his final pass is something to work on, but we did well with the English players Poch has brought in so far. He would finally give our game more width and allow us to counter-attack. Would be nice if this is true and we get the deal done before the Liverpool game.
Have to disagree with you there. He provides pace but that's no good if you're end product is shit.
If he hasn't improved yet, I doubt he will do.
It's always been his problem.
Speed, defensively, all fine.
Pochettino is not a magician. Zaha is 23 and I doubt the coaches who had him before were not trying to improve his end product. It will be a major coup if Pochettino can rectify that. If he does I will bow down at his feet and worship him. I hope he does, but I don't think so. I hope I am wrong.

A club that's wants to stay in the top 4
must demand players of higher ablity .
Another all pace and no trousers merchant. He's realiverty cheap by today's standards so will have Danny boy
rubbing his hands with joy .
But please not a Palace reject , pay up
and buy some true quality.

Just to be contrary to most of the opinion on here... What if Poch could develop Zaha in a similar way to how he developed Rose?

As you said, the physical attributes are there as a starting point at least. And if you took 2014 Danny Rose (who we all thought wasn't good enough) and stuck him under the management of Pardew: I doubt he'd have pushed on the way he has.

Oh, and Poch only has sons if I recall correctly - so at least Zaha can't fuck his daughter.
:levyeyes:

I'm sorry but if Poch couldn't coach the end product out of Townsend, I seriously doubt he'll have any more success with Zaha.

£15m is a big chunk of money for a 'Might Come Good' winger with 2 goals & 1 assist last season.

Just to be contrary to most of the opinion on here... What if Poch could develop Zaha in a similar way to how he developed Rose?

As you said, the physical attributes are there as a starting point at least. And if you took 2014 Danny Rose (who we all thought wasn't good enough) and stuck him under the management of Pardew: I doubt he'd have pushed on the way he has.

Oh, and Poch only has sons if I recall correctly - so at least Zaha can't fuck his daughter.
Rose has come on leaps and bounds defensively I agree, but his end product is still hit and miss. I just don't think it's something you can instill in a player. It's a tad better, but nothing drastic.
He now makes beautiful runs behind the defence but 8 times out of 10 will fluff his lines with the shot, cross or pass.
Walker is the same really.

I don't think it would be a bad transfer at all, but keep in mind his agent is notorious for pulling stuff like this. I think this is more of a stunt to get a new contract

Does Pardew have a daughter? Did Zaha fuck her? I don't read tabloids since I stopped delivering them

Back
Top Bottom