Will Harry Kane Be With Us Next Season ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Harry Kane Still Be At Spurs The Start Of 21/22 Season ?

• Total voters
The only club that can be a guarantee for trophies in the PL would be City, and I'm not sure he would even be a starter there after next summer. I think he realise that it's too late to move now and dig in and sign a new contract.

Yeah but you shouldn't play this game. Not everything is binary. Hoddel won trophies for Spurs so how has Kane actually bettered him for us? The volume of goals is amazing but has he ever scored a goal as important as Hoddel in the cup semi or even Lucas Moura or Klinsmann against Wimbledon. The answers actually no.

Adding the "Glenda" bit came across as snide when there is no need to compare goal records of a Centerforward and attacking midfielder. They are both Spurs legends the rest is noise.

Yeah this is the problem with Kane. For such a great striker who has scored such a ridiculous amount of goals, precious few have been memorable. I mean he's scored some great ones in derbies, but when its come to big moments in big games the well is really dry. I mean the only decisive goal he's scored for club or country to get his team through a huge game was that one vs Denmark .. and it was a rebounded penalty he originally missed !!!!!

And I love him. He's a great PL striker. But he's never made that step up to becoming a game changing world star. Which is why that penalty miss vs France was so important imo, his career is sadly defined by just falling that bit short in the biggest moments. He played quite well in the game, scored his first pen but missed the decisive one and his team went out ... it's so Kane.

Yeah but you shouldn't play this game. Not everything is binary. Hoddel won trophies for Spurs so how has Kane actually bettered him for us? The volume of goals is amazing but has he ever scored a goal as important as Hoddel in the cup semi or even Lucas Moura or Klinsmann against Wimbledon. The answers actually no.

Adding the "Glenda" bit came across as snide when there is no need to compare goal records of a Centerforward and attacking midfielder. They are both Spurs legends the rest is noise.
Glenda was how he was affectionately referred to back in the day. He was regarded as being a bit soft and a fancy Dan.

Kane has scored goals against every big side in league games that got Spurs into the Champions League.

I'm one of those realists who understands that a top four finish is the new trophy win in the modern era.

Spurs used to chase cup competitions in the 70's, 80's and early 90's for the same reason we now chase top 4 finishes;

The extra revenue.

Kane is the most consistent, reliable and best Spurs player for the last 50 years.

Glenda was how he was affectionately referred to back in the day. He was regarded as being a bit soft and a fancy Dan.

Kane has scored goals against every big side in league games that got Spurs into the Champions League.

I'm one of those realists who understands that a top four finish is the new trophy win in the modern era.

Spurs used to chase cup competitions in the 70's, 80's and early 90's for the same reason we now chase top 4 finishes;

The extra revenue.

Kane is the most consistent, reliable and best Spurs player for the last 50 years.
Top 4 finish is great and to be honest it feels good to be in that conversation consistently these past years and Kane is a big part of it.

However, its not just Kane that carried us there. Son stepped up big time when Kane was injured and took a bulk of the load on his shoulders during top 4 finishes including CL finals run.

Eriksen/Dele/Toby/Jan were also very important to us during those years.

All I ever wanted from Kane was to perform when it matters which he often didn't deliver... especially in multiple cup finals or the season when we were so close to winning the league but he went mia and dropped games to mid/bottom half team when we needed points.

For me, he is like Lebron James before he won the championship. Great at everything, consistent but tends to shrink in big games. Lebron couldn't get the chip until he left for Miami Heat which I think it will be the case for Kane when he leaves for a bigger club....

No he's not the greatest player of the last 50 years. He is though the best centre forward/goal scorer I've seen (I'm 60) and will likely become our highest scorer. Those who saw Greavsie play for us may well say he's not as good as Greavsie when you compare goals per games and the fact he won trophies. He is not better than Hod imo (but then no one else I've seen is). Comparing goal records between a midfielder and CF is pretty pointless. Kanes passing is wonderful, but not quite at the level of Hod's.
Hod may not have scored much against the Goons, but he did score/create goals in finals and win medals.
Important though it is now to get top 4, it's never going to match the thrill of seeing your team actually lifting a (any) trophy.

No he's not the greatest player of the last 50 years. He is though the best centre forward/goal scorer I've seen (I'm 60) and will likely become our highest scorer. Those who saw Greavsie play for us may well say he's not as good as Greavsie when you compare goals per games and the fact he won trophies. He is not better than Hod imo (but then no one else I've seen is). Comparing goal records between a midfielder and CF is pretty pointless. Kanes passing is wonderful, but not quite at the level of Hod's.
Hod may not have scored much against the Goons, but he did score/create goals in finals and win medals.
Important though it is now to get top 4, it's never going to match the thrill of seeing your team actually lifting a (any) trophy.

By the same token; to even think about comparing a CFs passing with Hoddle is a serious testament to King Harold as an all-round player.

Kane will always be a legend but nowhere near hoddles passing. Watching hoddle as a kid it just seemed he played matches taking the piss out of teams. Never saw greaves play but my old man says he was a phenomenal player. Some tottenham legends are untouchable imo such as blanchflower, Mackay and Jennings. Vertonghen imo was a class act as well.

whether he leaves or not won't stop him from becoming a meme for generations to come lol

Tottenham's record goal scorer
England's record goal scorer
Potentially the Premier League's record goal scorer

Trophies ZERO

To be honest, I hope he does go to Germany to curb some of the memeness

But then I hope he wins us something too. Tough one

Hoddle was a genius but he was also a bit inconsistent. I've mentioned his NLD scoring record; not to compare his goal scoring record with Kane's but to back up my theory that Kane has been a more reliable and consistent performer for Spurs than Hoddle.

Hoddle didn't score as many goals as Kane but he did get a lot of goals from midfield.

My point was that his NLD stats do not measure up with his goals to games stats in all other games. It's a similar story when you look at his numbers against the other big teams.

To be fair to Hoddle the game was different then and he was often targeted by the opposition and kicked off the park.

However; I still think Kane has been more reliable and you can hang your hat on him most of the time.

Regarding the trophy wins; Spurs prioritised the cup competitions in Hoddle's day in the same way the modern Spurs prioritise league points and top four finishes.

Neither Hoddle or Kane are to blame for these policies.

It was done for financial reasons and the decision was out of their hands. Spurs often fielded weakened teams in league games when they had an important cup tie in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

The reverse approach happens since the Champions League revenue became more important than the domestic cups to the club.

Trophies or not Kane is the best player Spurs have produced. City fucked him by lowballing Levy and Levy has fucked him by not letting him go then not investing to the same level the clubs that win do.
He can still win something here this season. If that doesn’t happen and Conte doesn’t stick around, it would be hard to argue that staying would be the ambitious choice

Depends on how the season plays out. I think Kane will want to stay in the PL as breaking Shearer's record is a massive thing for him.

City do not spend big on older players and they have Haaland and Alvarez for his position already. Liverpool do not spend big on older players either and after spending £85m on Darwin I don't think they will want to get gouged by Levy. Chelsea and Woolwich obviously out of the question.

If he leaves it will be to United. They have shown they are willing to spend huge money on older players and they are a legendary club. He could do exactly what Sheringham did if he goes there.

If we finish top 4 and Conte extends, I think he will stay. If we don't and United do, I think he will go there. I think at this point Kane is concerned only with breaking Shearer's record and winning trophies, we saw last summer that he is not a one-club man anymore. To keep him we have to offer him a better chance of doing those things than Manchester United do.

If he leaves it will be to United. They have shown they are willing to spend huge money on older players and they are a legendary club. He could do exactly what Sheringham did if he goes there.
man united is currently a backward step, things should look better for them now the toxic narcissist has gone but its still uncertain. they are miles off city, they are fighting to get back into top 4 properly let alone actually winning big titles.

He has proberly run short of options in terms of winning the league or even the CL at this stage .Neither ourselves or Utd look likely in the next year or so .I suppose history shows Utd are more likely to pinch one of the cups than us but this year we have a slightly better chance just about .

Sell in the summer, providing we get upwards of £80m and providing it's all reinvested and then some.

I've come to the conclusion that H is simply destined to never win a trophy in his career and every time I watch him he looks a yard slower.

And no, this isn't a parody post

He will be a club legend for his goal scoring record alone but I can easily see the man never winning a trophy there is something missing.

Kane will always be a legend but nowhere near hoddles passing. Watching hoddle as a kid it just seemed he played matches taking the piss out of teams. Never saw greaves play but my old man says he was a phenomenal player. Some tottenham legends are untouchable imo such as blanchflower, Mackay and Jennings. Vertonghen imo was a class act as well.

Greavsie and Mackay are untouchable imv

Back
Top Bottom