Will lower expectations for the season help us?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps being a bit doom & gloom and writing us off before a ball had even been kicked…..but I’m Tottenham i know these things! We’ve a new manager who was‘nt our first choice or 2nd or even our 3rd…..our best player looks like he’s had enough and we’ve started a rebuild not before time imo! So expectations are definitely lower for all number of reasons but could that be to our advantage….no pressure or so much they just go out and play and enjoy themselves and we enjoy what we see…..:thumbup:

Perhaps being a bit doom & gloom and writing us off before a ball had even been kicked…..but I’m Tottenham i know these things! We’ve a new manager who was‘nt our first choice or 2nd or even our 3rd…..our best player looks like he’s had enough and we’ve started a rebuild not before time imo! So expectations are definitely lower for all number of reasons but could that be to our advantage….no pressure or so much they just go out and play and enjoy themselves and we enjoy what we see…..:thumbup:
Manager was my first choice. Mentioned him first in March 2020.

Kane looks like he's had enough? I don't see that?

Expectations are lower? MOST fans only look to top 4, on the other hand I, always look for trophies and challenging for the title.

MY expectations are still the same - I expect us to compete.

We’ve fallen a long way in the last few years, dramatic maybe to say we hit rock bottom under mourinho but in terms of performances some of them were as bad as I’ve ever seen from Spurs, so in a way, I don’t see us being worse this year.

I think if kane goes and we don’t try and spread the money too thin then we will be in good shape in the next couple of years, although this one will probably be a bit of a transitional one. I’m not expecting huge things from Nuno. I work in Birmingham and a lot of wolves fans are saying to me don’t expect exciting football, but we shall see.

perhaps the lower expectations buys nuno a few years to get the squad he wants and to implement his ideas.

In 9 months time there will be a trophy in the cabinet. Mark my words.

giphy.gif

I'm forever an optimistic pessimist, and when I have my logical head on, I'm not expecting much this season. However, once the games actually start, hope kicks in that this is the season we will achieve something - that will probably last for about 15 minutes!

I think this season will be interesting with the arrival of Nuno and with the incomings and outgoings we’ve seen this summer. I’m hoping for more entertaining football first and foremost, and of course I would like us to have a really good go at all the competitions we’re involved in. But I’m not setting any specific expectations because I have no idea what to expect yet, particularly with the new manager and players we have, and also because I had so much hope for last season and ended up feeling very disappointed 😂

doom & gloom?

every season i think we're going to win the league..

Pinky-and-the-Brain-1.jpg

if ever there was a club that can live up to very low expectations it’s us

This thread is bullshit. We win this !
Have you seen the light when the white shirts run about
silence in the crowd just before it all erupts
Old throw your chairs young explain your nears
it is Tottenham a ship with no two sails

I have a bit of hope. Most teams so far have done very little business so we may see some stagnation amongst our rivals. At least we are getting a bit of a shake up

8th richest club going from title challengers to top 8 on a good day - amazing how ENIC have brainwashed many to think we can’t compete.

How can we lower our expectations any less than 1 shitty League cup in nearly a generation now. From London’s top football club to finishing below West Ham and asking if we should ‘lower’ some more. Shameful scenes!

ENIC OUT!!

PARASITE THIEVES OUT!!

LEVY OUT!!

New manager..... Fresh vibe around the place...... Get our recruitment right in key areas and we can look forward to meeting our challenges head on.

Fuck all the melty bollocks about relegation and struggling to make top half.

Last edited:
We'll do alright this year. Transfer window will probably improve us at CB, we'll play a bit more aggressively with our defensive line which should help the midfield, and Kane/Son are quite good. Expect a bit more from at least 3/4 of Ndom, Gio, Reg, Berg, Sess, Moura ... and Gil should give us some bright moments. We'll finish between 4-7 and hopefully see something that indicates we're heading in the right direction again.

The "Top Four" are all as good or better - City, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea - so the challenge to get a CL place is tough, however behind those four we are a good bet for fifth, then it only takes one of those rich elite to implode and we can step in ...

We start the season hoping to win it all - and no doubt when we fail the usual crowd will be all over the owners/manager/players - realistically a challenge for top four and (please, please) any trophy would be a very creditable season .....

Back
Top Bottom