Will we ever win a trophy again?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should aim to be like Liverpool in the next couple of seasons, and have a damn good go at winning the “premier league runners up” trophy.....Just our luck it’s wasn’t a thing back in 2017.......

This summer or in 2023, 2025, 2027 or 2029 we will get a chance to defend the Audi Cup.

You are all invited to go on the piss in Munich after we lift the trophy again.

Happy Manuel Neuer GIF by FC Bayern Munich

We would definitely win a trophy if we were the only team in a competition and even then it wouldn’t be guaranteed lol 😂

I live in hope we will win another trophy In my lifetime but who knows?

We have in the past few seasons probably had the best possible chances to do just that.

Champions league final: it was all over in the first minute And it still pisses me off to this day can’t believe Mane could whack the ball at Sissokos arm at point blank range and win a penalty it totally killed the atmosphere in the stadium and the final was one of the worst in champions league history as a result.

This season probably the best chance we could’ve ever had to win Europa league with all the dogshit teams involved in the knockout stages and we go all Spursy once again and from being 2-0 up in the first leg in what was a controlled performance to actually lose 3-0 in the second leg without so much as putting up a fight was disgraceful probably in my lifetime one of the worst if not the worst European result I have ever seen with the club.

Not to mention the league cup finals we have been to and lost because it’s a rubbish competition but silverware nonetheless.

it's the curse of mixing it with the big buys, managing to elevate ourselves into the conversation - we've actually done really well to step above the parapet. we've left the likes of Everton/Newcaste/Villa/leeds etc for dead so we re recognised as one of the big teams through hard work and progress - we get noticed

the flip side is, we haven't gotten across the line. so we get constantly mocked way more than any other team. in many ways it's the worst of both worlds our expectations are raised by everyone but if we don't deliver we get a shit tonne more abuse than Everton or Villa would.

Yeah, we'll win a trophy again. Unfortunate not to have done so in recent years. We'd probably have had a very good team this year had Covid not happened (and went in a direction not involving Mourinho). We'd have signed a starting CB, probably a RB as well, and a forward player that wasn't Carlos Vinicius. Our squad has plenty of talent. We don't have quite the same depth of course, but just look at what Tuchel has that Chelsea squad doing compared to Lampard. Intense, detailed modern coaching makes the world of difference. Back against the wall for Levy now, I won't say I have confidence in him as such, but a strong effort will be made to put us on the right track.

We would have won them under Redknapp or Poch if their attitude towards the league cup, FA Cup and Europa League hadn't been one of complete distain.

Agreed with the above, we could easily win one coincidentally if stars such as a cup run of bye, penalty win, Championship side, Championship side occur again, with enough finals we would win at least one....
Harsh on both.

Poch reached 2 finals and 3 semi finals

Redknapp reached 1 final and 2 semi finals.

Levy doesn’t rate the league cup cos it wasn’t enough to make Keane and Berbatov stay.

We'll definitely win one (or more than one) next season. Come back and congratulate me when we do.

I'd never support a club that doesn't win trophies.

Probably weird in some peoples eyes, but I’m not that bothered, providing we play well, and are up there challenging.
I was happy in the Poch and redknapp days as we were up there and going in the right direction. A bit more investment and who knows.
Now I feel we’re a long way back and playing badly. We got some players I’m sick of and that simply aren’t technically good enough.
A new manager, with a plan and some decent decisions behind the scenes - infrastructure, scouting, youth promotion- and significant improvement in the way we play and approach games, and I’ll be satisfied.
Trophies have never been a thing since I started supporting in 86 - few and far between- so lack of them isn’t a problem for me, it’s something other fans and sections of the media use to poke us in the bum.

Makes me laugh how we lose a final to one of the best and most expensive teams in history and SSN banner says Spurs now go 14 years without a trophy.

Do they say Wet Sham have gone 41 years when they fail to win one?
Do they say Newcastle have gone over 50 years now without one?
Aston Villa and Everton 25+ years
Sheffield United 95 fucking years
Palace Fulham and Brighton have never won a cup at all. Ever.
We are supposed to be one of the big six though.

Back
Top Bottom