Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes and no. Demps was played wide left and behind the striker...Chadli has done both as well. A recent quote from his agent says he plays centrally...which I do not believe is what he played in Holland. Either way, they were both squad utility players.
I don't recall Chadli ever playing behind the striker?

Yea. He is better than Chadli. And I believe it was Jan that said he worked the hardest in training...or maybe it was Dembele. A team (especially ours when things weren't going so well), can use players like that.
Sorry cannot disagree more. I actually like Dempsey too (I thought he did a decent job for us). This is going to be one of those wait and see things. I'd wager a nice bet that within 1-2 years Capoue and Chadli will be bossing it - my concern is that they will be bossing it somewhere else. I'll wait and see, and as always, if I'm wrong I'll hold my hand up and admit it.

Sorry cannot disagree more. I actually like Dempsey too (I thought he did a decent job for us). This is going to be one of those wait and see things. I'd wager a nice bet that within 1-2 years Capoue and Chadli will be bossing it - my concern is that they will be bossing it somewhere else. I'll wait and see, and as always, if I'm wrong I'll hold my hand up and admit it.

Capoue yes...not Chadli...sure he looked ok in Holland *insert statement of quality of Dutch league...but he wasnt tearing it up...not in the slightest.

So that's one 20 min cameo all season?

His agent really is clutching at straws.

Next they will say he can play centre back as he once made a tackle in his own box.

Oh and he is a racing driver as he once drove his car above 70mph.

Oh and he is a chef because he cooked a meal once.

Don't forget he is a photographer as he once took a selfie...

Strong CV.

Chadli can go...recoup as much as we can. So can Sig and Capoue (if the price is right)...use the combined funds to find a suitable first team player for the left.

Rose is fine. Strikers are fine.
Yeh our squad is too big such that many players will become unhappy and might create an unhappy atmosphere in the club. If capoue, siggy, holtby and chadli want to leave let then go if we can get good money for them I can understand players wanting regular football. We will still have Lennon, dembele, Sandro, Bentaleb, carrol, lamela. Paulinho, eriksen and Townsend in the middle enough to cover in times of injury but not too many that no-one gets a game and makes the dressing room miserable.

I would like some extra cover in defence, Kabul may never truly come back could be another Ledley and not sure about roses cover in fryers. Hopefully spurs will only buy one or two players going forward of exceptional quality rather than a bundle of players.

They have both played in similar positions for us. Chadli hasn't started behind the striker, but he's been subbed there several times recently.

Chadli certainly has the better skillset, but the fact of the matter is you Brits can't stand the idea of being bailed out by an American again, as you were quite a few times by Dempsey last season. Your overwhelming bias against him is more exposing of your own ignorance than any lack of talent that may have been overshadowed by his goal contribution.

Anyway, what's the latest dig on our need for backline cover?

Back
Top Bottom