Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really want Chadli to work out after the slating he's got everywhere. He was signed as a back-up winger, he's not Gareth Bale. Why does he not get time because he was cheap?

EDIT: 'charlieoakmanReally pisses me off how all these spurs fans are bumlicking chadli he's dogshit he's had he's chance lamela should have the game time now'

Player says he loves the club = Dogshit

For about 15m? When we're already struggling to play all our players anyway too?

The guy's an idiot too, no thanks.

Yeah I think he has just as much potential, if not more, to be the next Bentley as he does the next Rooney. Plus, the Spammers are desperate for the cash, so fuck helpin them out.

I like Chadli- correction- I like US more when Chadli plays. Vertonghen said he likes it when Chadli plays in front of him because he tracks back. Some of the abuse he gets is ridiculous. Especially considering the people doing the slating can barely reach their shoelaces let alone kick a ball.

Well, funnily enough, points-wise we're not doing too bad. It's just that other teams has once again risen and winning games too. Should we win the Swansea-game and the other top teams win their games too, well we're in the same position.
True, but I think a win v Swansea will be a sign our season is on the 'good level' again. the others above us won,t keep winning.

Win this one and top 4 is a real 'goer', we're on track for 74 points and I think that will be enough.

I like Chadli- correction- I like US more when Chadli plays. Vertonghen said he likes it when Chadli plays in front of him because he tracks back. Some of the abuse he gets is ridiculous. Especially considering the people doing the slating can barely reach their shoelaces let alone kick a ball.
I agree with you for the most part mate but I really do hate the "You couldn't do this so you have no right to criticise this person" idea. I might not be able to sing but I can tell the difference between Jedward and Otis Redding

Cue abuse, but I think we should be all over Ravel Morrison if he wants out of Upton Park. Could be a massive player.

I've been thinking about that too. I think he'd be worth it but we just have too many similar players to buy him right now. In a vacuum though I totally agree.

We need a striker or a left back first, no more AMC's or vaccuous midfield players

Do Woolwich Chelsea or us know you dont get extra points for having 50 midfielders in the squad

We need a striker or a left back first, no more AMC's or vaccuous midfield players

Do Woolwich Chelsea or us know you dont get extra points for having 50 midfielders in the squad

Chelsea clearly don't. Regardless of manager, they are constantly hording midfielders. The talent they have sitting on their bench for any given game vs their on field results is rather laughable if you ask me.

They have both played in similar positions for us. Chadli hasn't started behind the striker, but he's been subbed there several times recently.

Chadli certainly has the better skillset, but the fact of the matter is you Brits can't stand the idea of being bailed out by an American again, as you were quite a few times by Dempsey last season. Your overwhelming bias against him is more exposing of your own ignorance than any lack of talent that may have been overshadowed by his goal contribution.

Anyway, what's the latest dig on our need for backline cover?
What games did he bail us out on?

I know he did, but I can't remember which

Chelsea clearly don't. Regardless of manager, they are constantly hording midfielders. The talent they have sitting on their bench for any given game vs their on field results is rather laughable if you ask me.

They have them playing all over Europe sadly too.... with them its one in particular who is being treated like dirt, and I am sure some of it because he was AVB's man but dont want to go down that road

End of the day we think Chelsea bad but they arent far off top - just shows with this league, he can play anyone and get results

Chadli's confirmed it himself now from his Instagram it seems
BeHPDcNIMAApRWD.jpg

2 goals against united, 2 against Basel, 1 against city, and 1 against everton at goodison.

Against the wigans of the world- nothing.
ok

The home game vs UTD-That was a fucking joke he should have scored 4 with the chances he missed, if he had buried one more then we have champions league

Away-Good goal, following up the strike, Eriksen scored an similar goal this season in the same fixture.
Two Vs Basel maximum credit
City goal fantastically provided by Bale, good positioning etc
Goodison-Freak goal from deflection, scored one similar vs Reading. Could have been a clutch goal if we hadn't imploded and lost in 90 seconds FFS

Back
Top Bottom