Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure when TS said this, but here's him on Berba...

Were Spurs right to get rid of Dimitar Berbatov? You weren't his biggest fan, were you?
No. But I love him as a footballer. But when everything's not rosy for him, there are problems. He's the sort of player who can get managers the sack. He can throw his toys out of the pram at times and, as a manager, you have to make sure he's 100% committed to your football club. If not, he can be a bad apple and you don't want that around your squad.

This sounds ridiculous and a rather stringent but my mate is good friends with Tom Carroll's best friend from school. Apparently if QPR go up Harry is desperate to get Carroll permanently and will offer him 60k a week to make the move :harrysmile::carrollwtf:

This sounds ridiculous and a rather stringent but my mate is good friends with Tom Carroll's best friend from school. Apparently if QPR go up Harry is desperate to get Carroll permanently and will offer him 60k a week to make the move :harrysmile::carrollwtf:

its not ridicolous, carrolls a top player...harry might want him dosnt mean he will get him..

fucking renapp the cunt, the links never die do they?

Paying him 60k a week is the ridiculous part, he's probably barely on 10k at spurs. Levy definitely wouldn't put him on more than 30k until he's been capped for England

If Fulham can afford him I would like to think we can match that.

It's not a question of whether we can afford him or not, as like I said I'm sure his demands are within our wage structure, but this difference is that Fulham were a bit desperate when they signed him while we probably weren't even looking to sign anyone to replace Defoe. Hence, I'm sure why it'll only happen if it's on "our terms."

Fuckin hell I do not want to be rid of this kid. He's a future England regular, and he'll be playing at a big club if not for us before he's done. A plus to having Timmy in charge, if he's still here, is that no doubt he'll fight to the bloody end to keep Carroll at Spurs.

Fuckin hell I do not want to be rid of this kid. He's a future England regular, and he'll be playing at a big club if not for us before he's done.

As much as I love Little Tom, see left. Not sure if he will be an England regular, there will be a lot of competition there in years to come.

As much as I love Little Tom, see left. Not sure if he will be an England regular, there will be a lot of competition there in years to come.

Nonsense. Only Spurs' training academy possesses the future midfielders of England.

Nah, I think honestly he'll slot in to a three-man midfield of the future. He's an unusually gifted DLP/CAM hybrid that has yet to even fill out. I believe he will be in y'all's starting eleven someday.

Nonsense. Only Spurs' training academy possesses the future midfielders of England.

Nah, I think honestly he'll slot in to a three-man midfield of the future. He's an unusually gifted DLP/CAM hybrid that has yet to even fill out. I believe he will be in y'all's starting eleven someday.

I would love that to happen but as much as I hate to say it I think our midfield will look something like this:

Wilshere - Barkley - Chalobah.

I pray Tommy makes it in there though.

Berba coming as a sub would be amazing, a 33 yr old with his skill would carve up most tired defenders. Not only can he score but would be very good at playing in other attackers.
Sign him for 18mths. Get Benteke in the summer time.

I would love that to happen but as much as I hate to say it I think our midfield will look something like this:

Is chalobah that good? I understand he has done well on loan, but he has only played half a dozen games - in his career. Seems too early to put him ahead of little Tom to me?

I think a bid for Luke shaw would not be a bad move but let's face it know body big is coming in I mean money wise because will tim be there in the summer ? We got some good young quality lads coming up in the ranks but will take time with them

Is chalobah that good? I understand he has done well on loan, but he has only played half a dozen games - in his career. Seems too early to put him ahead of little Tom to me?

Totally different player to Tom, he offers more defensively and with Wilshere and Barkley already in there we need that holding player. I rate TC very highly but think he could struggle to make the England team with any regularity. If anyone can ever tame Morrison he will push for a place as well. That's forgetting about players like James Ward-Prowse and Will Hughes. Fuck me there is some potential there.

Chalobah I can see simply because of his holding ability and size, but I'm not sure about the longevity of Wilshere. Gets hurt too easily and is so full of conceited arrogance that it could be his undoing in a variety of ways.

Chalobah I can see simply because of his holding ability and size, but I'm not sure about the longevity of Wilshere. Gets hurt too easily and is so full of conceited arrogance that it could be his undoing in a variety of ways.

This kills me to say but he is too good a player not to be there. Like you say he has to stay injury free though.

I am (like I hope most) and always have been a massive TC fan! I was disappointed when he went out to QPR this season because I would have liked to see him given his head (read that again! Don't like him that much!!) with the insurance of the likes of Sandro + sitting behind him!

The Jury's still out with me regarding TS, but I think if he is at the helm at the start of next season, he will bring Carroll back and give him regular football!

At home! Eriksen, Bentaleb, Carroll. With the Beast in behind, looking after the 3 of em! Width from the wing-backs!

COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom