Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BERBA BACK TO SPURS
The Daily Mirror reports that there could be some dissent in the ranks at Spurs over the signing or otherwise of Dimitar Berbatov.

The paper claims Daniel Levy wants to bring Berbatov back to White Hart Lane from Fulham, but Tim Sherwood isn't quite so keen.

The Mirror reports: 'Sherwood, however, maintains he has enough attacking options at his disposal and does not want Emmanuel Adebayor - who has returned to form under his leadership - unsettled.

'Sherwood said: "Everyone knows Berba. He is proven in this division.

"He is a Fulham player and I am not sure what they are thinking about that. But we have options to take us through to the end of the season."

Meanwhile, The Daily Express claims Spurs have 'stepped up' their bid to bring Brazilian winger Bernard to White Hart Lane on loan.

Fuck off Levy with this if true

BERBA BACK TO SPURS
The Daily Mirror reports that there could be some dissent in the ranks at Spurs over the signing or otherwise of Dimitar Berbatov.

The paper claims Daniel Levy wants to bring Berbatov back to White Hart Lane from Fulham, but Tim Sherwood isn't quite so keen.

The Mirror reports: 'Sherwood, however, maintains he has enough attacking options at his disposal and does not want Emmanuel Adebayor - who has returned to form under his leadership - unsettled.

'Sherwood said: "Everyone knows Berba. He is proven in this division.

"He is a Fulham player and I am not sure what they are thinking about that. But we have options to take us through to the end of the season."

Meanwhile, The Daily Express claims Spurs have 'stepped up' their bid to bring Brazilian winger Bernard to White Hart Lane on loan.

Fuck off Levy with this if true
He already did it last summer - nothing new, really

Just Mirror making shit up, taking the quote from Sherwood about being happy with his options and making a spin around it. Setting Levy and Sherwood up against eachother to create a scenario they can throw some articles at.

Latest press rumors mention that Sherwood has asked Baldini to find a British striker who's PL ready.

Not much out there for this criteria.
Maybe Jay Rodriguez, or even one of Danny Ings / Jordan Rhodes might be worth a punt.

Or that we could just go all out for ... Rooney. :levyeyes:

Latest press rumors mention that Sherwood has asked Baldini to find a British striker who's PL ready.

Grant Holt made the move already so it would have to be either Rickie Lambert or this fella on a pay-as-you-run deal

article-1328133529647-118CED67000005DC-949390_636x413.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe Jay Rodriguez, or even one of Danny Ings / Jordan Rhodes might be worth a punt.

British or British based?

I think we should take a punt on Ings personally. Done very well and could be grabbed for relatively cheap at this point. Either way, someone will likely grab him in the summer if we don't. Saints would never let Rodriguez go for anything less than 20 mil I'd suspect.

Or that we could just go all outfor ... Rooney. :levyeyes:

I think Saido Berahino might be worth a punt.

I think we should take a punt on Ings personally. Done very well and could be grabbed for relatively cheap at this point. Either way, someone will likely grab him in the summer if we don't. Saints would never let Rodriguez go for anything less than 20 mil I'd suspect.
20 mil? Are you serious? I hope you are not confusing Rodriguez with Ramirez...

They might be talking about Welbeck though

20 mil? Are you serious? I hope you are not confusing Rodriguez with Ramirez...

It's not a straight up valuation. It's a matter of profit considering they paid over 12 mil for him, he's now a starter and proven Prem goal-scorer, and they're doing everything they can to hold on to their best to push on and up. So yes, I'd be very surprised if they value him at any less than 20 million GBP.

Back
Top Bottom