Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure that semantics or genetics support the idea that Jews aren't a race...

Sorry I should have explained further. People of the Jewish religion do belong to a race, but 'Jews' are not a singular race in the sense that they all share common genetic denominators that are particular to themselves. Other non-Jews can share these same genetics. See:

http://forward.com/articles/175912/jews-a-race-genetic-theory-comes-under-fierce-attack/

Whilst many Israeli scientists/ scholars will dispute this, playing semantics with the definition of race, this concept of race is based on a black and white concept of genetics, as any expert will tell you
genetics are not black and white and that a full understanding of complex genetic studies have seriously undermined the connection between appearance and what your actual genetics are..e.g a man of Caucasian appearance could in fact have African genetics..

Sure, Jewish genetics can be traced back to the Middle East, but so can most people who call the Middle East home today...

IMO Israeli zionists perpetuate this link to solidify the links between being anti semetic and anti Israeli.. For me they are not mutually inclusive... Whilst I have no problems with Jews or Judaism as a religion as someone with an Algerian Muslim heritage I disagree strongly with the creation of modern israel and their subsequent actions...

This does not make me a racist and nor does it make salah one.

Is he a number 10 or can he sit deeper in the midfield? The last thing we need right now is another midfielder but if we were to get one the only thing we really lack is a deep lying playmaker...

He sits deeper in midfield,making interceptions and covering the centre backs he's too alike to paulinho

You would have to seriously consider the reserve game played against Spam was not only for the benefit of giving Sandro, Vertonghen, Paulinho and Kabs valuable game time but also to put the likes of Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Kane in the January shopping window.
By all accounts everything went well for the returning injured and potential exits.

I still think we can reduce the squad (loans or sale) by up to 4 from any of:
Gomes, Friedel, Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli, Dembele or Kane

With one striker to come in if Kane goes on loan.

As we only have say 20-24 games remaining I have thrown Dembele into a potential sale as he is now realistically competing with Sandro, Paulinho and Bentaleb for a starting spot with his sale of around 15mill makes good financial sense for Levy.

Haha you really think anyone is stupid enough to but someone based on their performance in an U21's game. Deluded.

You would have to seriously consider the reserve game played against Spam was not only for the benefit of giving Sandro, Vertonghen, Paulinho and Kabs valuable game time but also to put the likes of Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Kane in the January shopping window.
By all accounts everything went well for the returning injured and potential exits.

I still think we can reduce the squad (loans or sale) by up to 4 from any of:
Gomes, Friedel, Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Chadli, Dembele or Kane

With one striker to come in if Kane goes on loan.

As we only have say 20-24 games remaining I have thrown Dembele into a potential sale as he is now realistically competing with Sandro, Paulinho and Bentaleb for a starting spot with his sale of around 15mill makes good financial sense for Levy.
With out meaning to sound pedantic, but aren't clubs only allowed to play 3 'over 21 players' in that league?

I think it's Three over-aged outfield players and one over-aged goalkeeper.

Last edited:
He is a central midfielder. He can also play as a defensive midfielder and as an attacking midfielder but he is primarily a central midfielder.
On (I think) FM 2005, I remember buying him as a very deep defensive midfield wonderkid, who broke everything up.

But since he's been at Inter, he's definitely become a more attacking central mid.

Back
Top Bottom