Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His deployment for Internazionale this season suggests otherwise

From what I have seen of Inter Milan this year, he has been deployed equally between a central midfield role and an attacking midfield role. In the early parts of the season he was primarily a central midfielder, that isn't to say he doesn't get forward. However in the last few weeks he has been playing a little further forward. If anything this shows that he is primarily a central midfielder but does get deployed as an attacking midfielder sometimes.

Despite all of this he is not an Eriksen/Holtby type player.

...as any expert will tell you
genetics are not black and white and that a full understanding of complex genetic studies have seriously undermined the connection between appearance and what your actual genetics are..e.g a man of Caucasian appearance could in fact have African genetics..

This does not make me a racist and nor does it make salah one.

Like the, to me, amazing and surprising information about Ross Barkley actually being half Nigerian!

It doesn't make either of you racist. You're both entitled to that view, however as soon as you lace up and play professional football in front of millions of fans, you have a responsibility to put those views aside in my opinion. I'm not pro-israel either, but considering the massive influence of footballers and the game of football in itself - surely it should help promote peace and understanding rather than intensify an already impossible situation. Had Salah been on the pitch to play Israeli politicians that day, perhaps it would be justified, however he was playing people who have likely had no say in the 1948 creating of the state of israel and subsequent occupation of the west bank.

Sure, if you say so

I believe this forum facilitates me giving my opinion on any given matter, whether you choose to agree or not is up to you, however it is customary to debate the matter rather than just making childish little comments like the one above. If you really believe that Guarin is a player similar to Eriksen/Holtby, please explain why, surely that is more in the spirit of the forum.

Interesting to note that you also ignore the whole chunk about where Guarin has actually been playing for Inter this season.

I believe this forum facilitates me giving my opinion on any given matter, whether you choose to agree or not is up to you, however it is customary to debate the matter rather than just making childish little comments like the one above. If you really believe that Guarin is a player similar to Eriksen/Holtby, please explain why, surely that is more in the spirit of the forum.

Interesting to note that you also ignore the whole chunk about where Guarin has actually been playing for Inter this season.
He's been playing in an advanced forward position - I explained that in my initial posts. I don't really care if you disagree, tbh and can certainly live with that

He's been playing in an advanced forward position - I explained that in my initial posts. I don't really care if you disagree, tbh and can certainly live with that

So now he has gone from an attacking midfielder to an advance forward position. Hmm unlikely. Can you provide me with some sort of evidence that he has been playing a more attacking role? Also can we address the original point, which was that he is like Eriksen and Holtby. What makes you say that?

I accept that he has been playing a more attacking role in recent weeks but his primary role this season was as a central midfielder, he has been moved forward recently however. This still doesn't mean he is a similar player to Eriksen or Holtby.

Jews arnt a race, so technically he can't be called a racist...

Hahahahahaha! I once had this argument with a mate of mine, one of those that starts of as a discussion and ends up in a full on fist fight for no other reason than neither of us would back down from our stand point. Needless to say it is an unanswerable question, Jews exist because they follow a particular branch of religion but at the same time they have their own country (it's just not called jewland it's called Israel).

So now he has gone from an attacking midfielder to an advance forward position. Hmm unlikely. Can you provide me with some sort of evidence that he has been playing a more attacking role? Also can we address the original point, which was that he is like Eriksen and Holtby. What makes you say that?
My personal interpretation, I don't need to justify it to you more than what I have already. If you don't like the answer, can't really help you further

My personal interpretation, I don't need to justify it to you more than what I have already. If you don't like the answer, can't really help you further

Correct, you don't need to but I would appreciate if you did because I am interested to hear your opinion on the matter. I can't see it and would like to be enlightened.

Guarin is a central midfielder, yes, but he is an offensively minded central midfielder who will act more as a deep lying playmaker (a la modric) and has a fairly POOR defensive work rate.

Which is essentially exactly what I have been saying, so cheers for that. If he is like either Eriksen or Holtby, he is more like Holtby, who has admitted he prefers to sit deeper. Guarin is a number six and whereas Eriksen is an out an out number ten.

Hahahahahaha! I once had this argument with a mate of mine, one of those that starts of as a discussion and ends up in a full on fist fight for no other reason than neither of us would back down from our stand point. Needless to say it is an unanswerable question, Jews exist because they follow a particular branch of religion but at the same time they have their own country (it's just not called jewland it's called Israel).

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
The key point of my argument is that modern genetics do not support the idea of distinct races. When studies are conducted it in fact proves that many of us are much closer related than first thought or physical appearance would suggest. IMO Jews pre-1930's were doing everything in their power to disuade Victorian era scientific theory from labelling them a race. Now in the 21st century this has turned around simply because it helps Israeli proganda and allows them to call those who disagree with the modern state of israel racists. I don't agree with the colonial practices of Britain ether...does this make me an anti-Caucasian?
As I also said previously however the football pitch is not nessesarily the place to voice it, but I can understand salahs position...

It's funny when you have someone on ignore and read a couple of pages of a thread that make absolutely no sense. It reads as if a forum member is talking to themselves.

Like a bum on the street that has a verbal argument with them self!

Back
Top Bottom