Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

26171DC_Aquaman-Posters.jpg

Not sure if this is OLD but i really cant be arsed to traipse back through pages of posts (sorry).

Belgian side Waasland-Beveren have signed Nigeria international midfielder Reuben Gabriel on a free transfer.
His decision comes despite the prospect of an offer from English Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur.
He had been training with Spurs and had begun discussions to join them and then be loaned immediately.
"I'm pleased and excited with this move," the 23-year-old told BBC Sport about his switch to Waasland-Beveren on a one-and-a-half-year deal.
“Tottenham will have first refusal on the player” Tony Harris Reuben Gabriel's agent
"This club and league is a good platform for me to develop my football further.
"It's a positive step in my career and I want to give my best to the club and fans."
Gabriel is a free agent after terminating his contract at Kilmarnock following a series of disputes with the Scottish Premier League club.
The Belgian offer was too good to turn down, according to the player's agent Tony Harris.
"We had to pull him out of the arranged Spurs training abruptly because the offer from Belgium was interesting and presented a great opportunity for Gabriel in many ways," Harris told BBC Sport.
"Everything was, however, done in a professional and amicable way and Tottenham will have first refusal on the player."
Gabriel, who is greatly admired by Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi, is keen to play for his country at this summer's World Cup in Brazil.
The versatile midfielder has made 10 appearances and scored once for the Super Eagles.
Two-time Belgian champions Beveren had a remarkable history of developing young African talent, before their 2010 merger with neighbours Red Star Waasland.
Ivory Coast stars Yaya Toure, Gervinho and Emmanuel Eboue all started their European careers at the club popularly known as 'Little Anderlecht'.

Sorry mate check the lineup we played hardly an u21's game and do you honestly think that if we have 12 midfielders (defensive, attacking and wide) it is good business to carry that amt of wages then sorry you are the deluded one.
It would be highly naive to consider other clubs were not in attendance to watch the likes of Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Kane. I also maintain IF we want big money then Dembele with two yrs to run on his contract is opportune to sell.

There was a mistake in my original post so let me clarify, it was not an U21s game, it was a behind closed doors friendly. The game would have been played to facilitate first team players return from injury. Or to build match fitness for those who haven't been playing recently e.g. Siggy, Holtby and Capoue. The clue is in the name; behind closed doors friendly. There wouldn't have been representation from any other club aside from West Ham.

I am not even gonna bother addressing your farcical idea to sell Dembele.

Lol, Fiorentina is no upgrade on us. The only reason he'd leave us for them is if they promised him a swift move to Barca in the summer, which is also an astronomical proposition.

Sorry mate check the lineup we played hardly an u21's game and do you honestly think that if we have 12 midfielders (defensive, attacking and wide) it is good business to carry that amt of wages then sorry you are the deluded one.
It would be highly naive to consider other clubs were not in attendance to watch the likes of Capoue, Holtby, Sigurdsson and Kane. I also maintain IF we want big money then Dembele with two yrs to run on his contract is opportune to sell.
Dembele has been a monster since Sherwood took over. He's been great next to benteleb and looked brilliant when he was paired next to Paulinho. I really want to see that combination again as I think it would work fantastically with Sherwood's tactics. Selling him now would be a shame.

Back
Top Bottom