Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He actually is on FM. For some reason his name is Eugene Konoplyanka in the game. No idea why but it's the same player. Man U bought him in my save during the first season. He never played and they ruined him but looked like a solid player when first bought.

NOT REAL LIFE *SLAP*

:harryhmm:Still think our squad is stronger than everyone else's outside of Chelsea+Citeh. But Liverpool and United have caught up. Sometimes it's not the need for a player but the impact his signing can have for the team and fans. That said 16 points out of the last 21 doesn't really need galvanising yet

In all fairness, AVB still had a fantastic CV bar Chelsea (who still won ECL with the squad he built).

Sherwood has no reputation as a manager yet. Is he really in the position to make those comments?

Sherwood has been in the job a matter of weeks and you expect him to have fully assessed the squad and compiled a suitable list of replacements. People are moaning about him not playing 20 players every week.

Part of me suspects people want a "Timmy signing" so they can pull him to pieces before the letters on the back of the shirt are dry... ala Bentaleb.

Sherwood has been in the job a matter of weeks and you expect him to have fully assessed the squad and compiled a suitable list of replacements. People are moaning about him not playing 20 players every week.

Part of me suspects people want a "Timmy signing" so they can pull him to pieces before the letters on the back of the shirt are dry... ala Bentaleb.

Playing devils advocare, Sherwood isnt new, is he?

He has been part of the transfer commitee for years, he has been running the youth set up with an eye on pushing players into the first team squad, he even watched most games from the box - he should, IMO, have had a bloody good knowledge of our playing staff before ever taking over as coach. So far as I can tell his job basically revolved around who we brought, how our first team was performing so as to recognise what can be provided through the youth/loan set up

134554hp2.jpg

:avbnaa:

No, but I expect him to have the basic capacity to see that at left back we have a "test" LB, without a proven backup, and we've lost a striker (Defoe).

If Rose's red card stands then it could cost us one of those "easy" games. If Ade gets injured or loses interest, we've got either self-flob or Soldado, neither of which have proven they can score goals at the club yet.

People can't blame Levy, as Tim has shopped himself by making it clear than DL wants to bring people in and TS doesn't. It's like he's trying to do a "Sir Alex", where they would bring in a talented youthy to fill a void - except we haven't got the other 90% of the players on the pitch performing for that to work

No, but I expect him to have the basic capacity to see that at left back we have a "test" LB, without a proven backup, and we've lost a striker (Defoe).

If Rose's red card stands then it could cost us one of those "easy" games. If Ade gets injured or loses interest, we've got either self-flob or Soldado, neither of which have proven they can score goals at the club yet.

People can't blame Levy, as Tim has shopped himself by making it clear than DL wants to bring people in and TS doesn't. It's like he's trying to do a "Sir Alex", where they would bring in a talented youthy to fill a void - except we haven't got the other 90% of the players on the pitch performing for that to work
won't be easy getting in new players when the manager won't be there in summer, also, who are we likely to get that is an improvement on what we have? Unless we have the answers then we really can't moan about it. TS is merely toeing the party line, after spunking £100m in the summer, I don't expect us to splash out even further. We are short at left-back, up front, TS has suggested using Lamela or even Chadli as second strikers. Not saying this is ideal but what can our manager do?

Of course he will get injured leaving us with Harry Fucking Kane and Soldado who is finding his feet.

won't be easy getting in new players when the manager won't be there in summer, also, who are we likely to get that is an improvement on what we have? Unless we have the answers then we really can't moan about it. TS is merely toeing the party line, after spunking £100m in the summer, I don't expect us to splash out even further. We are short at left-back, up front, TS has suggested using Lamela or even Chadli as second strikers. Not saying this is ideal but what can our manager do?

Loans. Short deals. Even Saha scored 4 goals for us (started as 3 in 3).

Not as bad in our key areas though. We had Defoe and Ade as senior strikers then, an BAE as LB.

Aghh...
Soldado is better than Defoe though (imo of course), the LB situation is a worry of course, but Sherwood is hardly going to speak out of turn when he is trying to impress the people up stairs.

Back
Top Bottom