Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course he will get injured leaving us with Harry Fucking Kane and Soldado who is finding his feet.

Do you know he scored five against QPR a few days back in a behind doors friendly?

It staggers me sometimes (Not a dig at you by the way) about when you claim to support a team... Who do you support the players, or the shirt they are wearing? It's a good question because there are only a few players which are exempt from criticism. Criticism is fine, but some of it is downright out of order.

*This is just a rant, not aimed at anyone*

That would have been amazing. But just calling BAE back would be a start. Why we can never find a sensible option for our holes in January will never fail to amaze me.
He would have been an extra body, but he's finished at Spurs, I think we need to face up to that.

Tbh no one was really available that would have displaced someone in the first 11..
January is not a time for building but improving...
Happy with the window as it stands, just hoping there's not buy clause in holtbys loan deal..

People were happy enough with Soldado playing upfront on his own finding his feet earlier in the season?
Because we had Defoe scoring for fun in Europe and Ade (who we thought we coming back from injury), and we didn't yet know that Soldado wasn't ready/capable/reliable as a goalscorer

He would have been an extra body, but he's finished at Spurs, I think we need to face up to that.
All because of a previous manager who can't manage relationships properly. And I don't believe that for a second, we need a LB. I remember a LOT of Citeh fans turning full circle on Tevez after his little holiday away. I think Tevez had even said he'd never play for them again at that point!

Soldado is better than Defoe though (imo of course), the LB situation is a worry of course, but Sherwood is hardly going to speak out of turn when he is trying to impress the people up stairs.

Potentially, but JD has scored as many as him from open play with less games...and is leaving soon :(

Potentially, but JD has scored as many as him from open play with less games...and is leaving soon :(
But who do we get in that is better than the pair of them then? May as well keep faith with Ade, Kane and Soldado, with Lamela who can play as an auxillary striker, there is no value in the January window.

All because of a previous manager who can't manage relationships properly. And I don't believe that for a second, we need a LB. I remember a LOT of Citeh fans turning full circle on Tevez after his little holiday away. I think Tevez had even said he'd never play for them again at that point!
Not entirely sure on that, he has regressed massively since the last injury he had. AVB did freeze him out, but he isn't the same player.

No - weaker by fielding him at LB. He's a terrible defender but cool on Twitter, I suppose
Blimey, if you think that BAE is weaker on the pitch than forcing Naughton to play out of position then I don't know how bad the picture is by the time it gets to South Africa. We have been completely fucked at left back this whole season when Rose has been out. Even when Vertonghen plays there as it simply acts to piss him off and increase the likelihood he'll ask for a transfer in the summer.

We have a Left Back available to come back to us for free who helped us reach and progress in the Champions League. Or we have a young player who doesn't even look 100% capable in the Premier League in his best position... It's a real mind boggler over which one would be better cover.

People make me howl with laughter over Benny, he's either shit or he's brilliant... Completely polarised. The fact is, he can be a lazy cunt and with AVBs high line, we'd have been fucked as he just gives up in the chase. But with his back to his own goal he's a very good defender and would do well with Tim's set-up and generally look the same as he did under Harry, simple as that. Good enough for a few months? Of course he is.

Back
Top Bottom