Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So he is counting on not many players being out or suspended from now until may . Shocking if you ask me the three teams above have tried to get players or have done so have Everton just below us

It would require Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho, and Sterling to all break their ankles at once and for us to bring in quality reinforcements for us to possibly make it this year....No board is going to sink an extra 20 million when the competition is better than previous seasons and the expenditures aren't guaranteed to bring success.
So do you not think previous January windows when we`ve actually been in the top 4 back up my point that Levy couldn`t really give a fuck. In fact a couple years ago we we`re actually considered to be in the title race when instead of backing Redknapp Levy Rewarded him by bringing in up and coming starlets Ryan Nelson and Louis Saha. ~I`m sorry, but Levy`s got form on this. And if you think throwing in the towell when were only 3 points behind the top 4 is justified then you then your expectations really are much lower than mine.

What's pissed me off more than ANYTHING is Timmy's attitude. He has been asked by DL if he wants to strengthen the team and he has said no, doesn't need anything. Well Sorry Timmy, if you cannot see we urgently need a another LB, we need another forward then you should not be manager of this club.
It's plain as bloody day we are lacking in these positions, so to dismiss it is fucking lunacy.
IMO this is exactly why Levy appointed Sherwood in the first place. He knew he wouldnt demand new signings and knew he wouldnt ask any questions. He was the easy option. The cheap option. In other words he`s nothing more than Levys Puppet. I`m fully expecting him to be offered a contract extension so long as we finish top 7.

It wasnt that high to begin with though, Smokey was it?
You obviously haven't read my posts properly. All I've ever said was that he's too inexperienced and came across as arrogant in interviews, but if he does the business I will support him. That hasn't changed, but this sort of shit worries me deeply.

That is unless you are of the opinion that no areas of the squad need cover or rotation.

Why? Who did you want us to sign?
Well, how about Contrao on loan as part of Levys special relationship with Madrid. We need a left back. And we do have a special relationship. Levy said so himself. And as were playing 4-4-2 quite often, how about a striker to replace Defoe. What happens if Ade or Soldado gets injured. Theres plenty of names in Europe we could have brought in. Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd all strengthened. I`m disappointed we didnt, thats all.

Looks like nothing will happen before the window shuts.
We will depend on Adebayor and Soldado the most stable strikers in the premium league.

:lennon:

Well, how about Contrao on loan as part of Levys special relationship with Madrid. We need a left back. And we do have a special relationship. Levy said so himself. And as were playing 4-4-2 quite often, how about a striker to replace Defoe. What happens if Ade or Soldado gets injured. Theres plenty of names in Europe we could have brought in. Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd all strengthened. I`m disappointed we didnt, thats all.

You do know this isn't football manager, right?

I would have liked us to pick a a LW/LM, unless we are going to play Townsend there when he gets back. Also, some cover at LB would have been nice. I'm confident in D Rose to start, but our one backup in Naughton is useless on the left.

Some of us might have watched Holtby prior to joining Spurs and may think there is a player there worth supporting (much like Lamela). When one or two of Paulinho, Eriksen, Sandro and Dembele want to leave for not being able to get game time in central midfield I hope you're ok to see them go too, maybe then you'll realise it's a squad game and that Holtby could have covered 3 of 5 midfield positions.

Id be happy for him stay and fight for his place.....but he doesnt want to, so Im fine with him going.

Back
Top Bottom