Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

El Shaarawy would actually be exactly what we need. Young and can play LW/ST. He was having a fantastic season for Milan until Balotelli came in (wanna say he scored something like 15 goals the first semester, and two once Bally arrived), and was featuring regularly for Italy and now gets very limited minutes at best. We could be just the fresh challenge he would want to get his career back to where he wants. If he has a rough fall semester, he could push Milan pretty heavily in the winter of a WC year for a move.

Disclaimer: These comments are of course without keeping in mind the variability of likelihood of the situation.

Also, Roma don't need Holtby and would only pursue Sandro if de Rossi leaves. However, it's clear to note the pattern of media outlets rampaging on about our central mids leaving just because they're at Spurs and not receiving playing time. "It is impossible for Spurs to have depth, clearly they're looking to sell these players."

Semester and variability. What is it you do?

El Shaarawy would actually be exactly what we need. Young and can play LW/ST.
However, it's clear to note the pattern of media outlets rampaging on about our central mids leaving just because they're at Spurs and not receiving playing time. "It is impossible for Spurs to have depth, clearly they're looking to sell these players."

This is pretty much gonna be the gist of our transfers news/stories up until the January window and probably throughout it.

This all is just lazy, nothing else better to do, media bull-crap.

Moving on ... next. :paulinhofacepalm:
Though I wouldn't mind getting the Milan #92...

u00QnDw.gif

Gif-Queen-Elizabeth-II-Giving-Finger.gif

Fuck all of you

I really actually LOL at this one - the spoiler that is

Last edited:
Not if he continues the current trend of the spring. Did not play well at all for club or country.
I don't know mate, he's still 20 years old and one of the best prospects in the world IMO. huge huge talent and anything under 30m would be a steal. Don't see why Milan would want to sell him after a little bad run of form either, he's crucial for them. but I guess we did break even this window (small bit of profit) so when January comes hopefully we're treated to a few signings. i definitely think we need a LB and a young striker (el sha could fit the latter)

For January I want a keeper. For next summer I want a keeper and a striker and no one to leave. I don't think it is necessary for a LB or any other position.

I don't know mate, he's still 20 years old and one of the best prospects in the world IMO. huge huge talent and anything under 30m would be a steal. Don't see why Milan would want to sell him after a little bad run of form either, he's crucial for them. but I guess we did break even this window (small bit of profit) so when January comes hopefully we're treated to a few signings. i definitely think we need a LB and a young striker (el sha could fit the latter)

Not saying he'd come cheap, just saying I highly doubt they could demand more than we paid for Lamela. He was crucial for them... until Balotelli came along. And they also picked up Birsa to play left wing, and Matri to play striker in this past window. I think we'd be an excellent option for this lad, and him for us.

please guys, can't this have waited for a couple of months, I haven't recovered from the last window yet. It's worse than flippin' Christmas stuff in the shops already, talk about ruining things by being premature!!!!

please guys, can't this have waited for a couple of months, I haven't recovered from the last window yet. It's worse than flippin' Christmas stuff in the shops already, talk about ruining things by being premature!!!!

I hope it sticks around personally for discussion of potential players. I feel there are still a couple positions we could use shoring up somewhat in the winter window. Fortunately though, we've addressed (IMO) all areas of grave need in the recent window.

Back
Top Bottom