Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25488699

Lawrenson's view

"There are 11 teams that need a new striker: Woolwich, Cardiff, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Everton, Fulham, Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Tottenham and West Ham."

Tottenham

What they need in a nutshell: A left-back, so they can strengthen in the centre.

Window shopping: After signing so many people over the summer, the last thing Spurs need now is a lot more new players to bed in but what they do need is a new left-back so Jan Vertonghen can return to the centre of defence.
Benoit Assou-Ekotto is on loan at QPR but I would leave him there and try to get somebody else in.

There is a young kid at Ipswich called Aaron Cresswell who has been playing very well but he has just signed a new deal. Then there is someone like Southampton's Luke Shaw who has also been linked with a move, but I cannot see that one happening.

Even if Spurs got an experienced left-back as a short-term signing it would benefit the team because Spurs' full-backs are well protected on the flanks with two wingers in front of them. Down the middle, they need Vertonghen.

Linked with: Andrea Ranocchia 25, CB (Inter Milan), Fredy Guarin 27, CM (Inter Milan), Diego Perotti 25, AM (Sevilla), Mohamed Salah 21, FW (Basel), Ciprian Marica 28, FW (Getafe), Ezequiel Lavezzi 28, FW (Paris St-Germain), Kevin Volland 21, FW (Hoffenheim), Alexandre Pato 24, CF (Corinthians), Paul-Georges Ntep 21, CF (Auxerre), Giuseppe Rossi 26, CF (Fiorentina), Alex Buttner 24, LB (Manchester United), Luke Shaw 18, LB (Southampton), Shane Long 26, CF (West Brom).

Much as I'd like a fit Guiseppe Rossi to join Spurs (he's tearing it up in Italy this season), I'd be bloody amazed if we were in for him. It's quite amazing how well he's playing considering he's been injured for virtually 2 years now.

Cresswell is decent.... at Championship level! I've seen Ipswich a few times this season, he stands out there but I wouldn't say he is better than Rose? Premier League might be a step too far.. considering he came from Tranmere Rovers to Ipswich. Hardly big steps.

Cresswell is decent.... at Championship level! I've seen Ipswich a few times this season, he stands out there but I wouldn't say he is better than Rose? Premier League might be a step too far.. considering he came from Tranmere Rovers to Ipswich. Hardly big steps.

We're not looking to replace Rose, just give him some competition and adequate backup.

hi guys, followed the forum a while now and finally signed up.

Main objective has to be a Left Back. id love us to go all out and buy Shaw or possibly Coentrao. if we got a left back then we maybe wouldn't need CB cover as fryers can fill in there. but lescott would be ok on loan.

Up front there isnt many about that are available. Morata from Madrid looks to be available on loan. ud think levy could use this apparent special relationship with them to get this one. but i think TS will stick with defoe and kane.

when we played anhzi what was the name of the lanky coloured center forward !
they couldn't off load him in the summer due to injury but he had some previous form

Would love for us to get Traore. He's quality, and he'd no doubt be happy to come even if it were for limited minutes. Excellent in checking to, going forward, and passing ability, while being very tall and young. We need to snatch him up before someone else does.

Back
Top Bottom