Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well said as usual JDK and Tommy D. It's about boosting our squad. For me we need to add a GK, CB/LB and striker. all need to be decent but not top quality, though if they prove to be that then great. If we want to make a serious go for top 4 and EL, the squad ATM is too thin to do that.

Tim is talking in a different manner, we'll see what happens.

I feel the same. We're talking possible replacements for our third choice striker while we have a sinkhole at left back that is hurting us, which consequently caused one of our best players to be also be hurt during a vital period after trying to fill it in. I have my first serious doubts with the current regime if we fail to bring in at least another left back this window. Yes, I see that as worse than selling Modric or Bale for top dollar after wanting to leave anyway.
HI CS, you're right we need a LB as well as a striker. We also need a CB too, or a utility defender.

This has definitely been the most persistent transfer story so far. I would guess there is something in it. We'll see if Juve is willing to send them out though.

I'd suspect they are, as neither have played much of late and they have a few areas they want to add to themselves, as evidenced by a decent amount of media buzz surrounding their transfer activity this fall.

I'd suspect they are, as neither have played much of late and they have a few areas they want to add to themselves, as evidenced by a decent amount of media buzz surrounding their transfer activity this fall.
Juventus also plays two up top and those two guys are their cover so it will be interesting to see how they regard them. Tevez came off through injury today and Vucinic replaced him which is something to monitor.

Juventus also plays two up top and those two guys are their cover so it will be interesting to see how they regard them. Tevez came off through injury today and Vucinic replaced him which is something to monitor.

given they play two up top and tevez's injury prob more likely that they will sell one rather than two...from what i know about both (which isnt much) id prob rather vucinic..

Personally I think we only need to strengthen in one area and that is up top. I've been one of Soldado's biggest supporters but it is just not working with him. He snatches at every chance and his shooting from anywhere further than the penalty spot out is just woeful. All his goals last year were scored from inside the box and I can see why. The fella just can't shoot. Sure he can slot home a penalty and no doubt tap ins by using his intelligence to get in the right spaces, but our play is not providing him with these chances. We need a more dynamic, combative type who is stronger, quicker and can finish from all distances.

We can't rely on Adebayor as the bloke is a complete wanker in all honesty and will probably give up after another couple of matches. I am enjoying his current vain of form simply because he is helping the club but we all know what his history is. Sherwood is doing the right thing by keeping him onside because we don't have any other options at the moment but he's hardly the sort of character we should be building our long term plans around.

And Defoe. Well I'd love for him to stay as I think he is the perfect squad player it's just whether he would be content enough with starting every cup game and certain league games. But if he is going then we certainly need a new striker.

Number 1 choice for me is Benteke. I know he's had an off few months, but I think that's down to injury and his disappointment at not getting the move he wanted in the summer. He's young, big, strong, can head the ball, can score from all angles and can even do the job as a lone striker in a dire outfit like Villa. Without him they would have certainly gone down last year. And due to his recent poor form, I reckon he'd be a darn sight cheaper than back in the summer. I'm sure he'd also love to team up with Dembele, Vertonghen and Chadli and it just seems like the natural fit to me. Villa aren't in the best of financial states and I reckon a £20m bid could be enough. If we sell Defoe for about £7m then it won't be much of an outlay.

Harry Redknapp: Tottenham ace perfect for Manchester City at £40m

'Arry is a cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt and ... a wheeler dealer.

And if this gives Citeh any ideas ... ima gonna send :adeninja:
I saw this- all I think now is- ok fine. We'll take BAE AND Carroll back now thank you. Go fuck yourself.

Back
Top Bottom